AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon avr-991 that I ran a firmware update on. The last file in the update called Ether IMG was being downloaded with 4 minutes to go and then the receiver restarted. It seemed as though the update had completed, however, every time I turn the power on, the receiver displays "Please Wait Update Retry". I have tried the micro-processor reset with and without the cat5 plugged in and neither attempts solved the problem. The receiver seems to function for the most part, however, I am unable to navigate through the menus into the firmware update page and the video display of the menu freezes a few seconds after the unit is turned on. How to I reset the firmware update process?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That fixed the problem! The network reset cleared the receivers automatic attempts to retry the firmware update. When I navigate to the firmware update menu, there is no sub-menu anymore where I would be able to start a firmware update. Am I correct in assuming this is because the receiver now has the latest firmware version and is therefore locking out that menu because there is nothing new to download?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts