AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope someone can help me.

My router died last week & I've had to completely reconfigure my home network. I am currently using the modem/router from my cable company.

Previously, I had been able to connect to Pandora & Internet radio - wirelessly using a bridge but now I can only access my media files. Whenever I try Pandora or other internet items (radio, updates, etc...) I get the no connection message.

I've spoken with Denon & they had me do a network reset & reboot bridge & router/modem, but none of that worked. I've also spoken with my isp for a couple hours & no change. Denon gave me some port #s to make sure they were open & the isp also set up port forwarding to those ports, but still nothing.

I'm sure there may be other settings, but I have no idea & Denon says they can not help with router stuff anymore. There's no one in my little town who knows anything about this stuff. I have called an audio place & a network place & they weren't able to help.

One more thing - I've seen those powerline wall adapters - do they work better than a bridge?

I have a denon avr-a100

Linksys wet-610n bridge

Arris TG852G

I also have other items connected wirelessly without any issues.

I have not unplugged everything & hard wired it into the modem/router yet (bit of a pain, but will try anything right now).

Thanks so much for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Unplug everything, not just power but all of the cat v cables.  Power up the modem, then the router.  Plug modem cable into router.  Wait until you get the internet signal light.  Then plug the Linksys bridge back in.  It sounds funny but they like to be plugged in in order or sometimes it won't take the MAC address for the router, bridge, etc.

Good luck 

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already tried recycling & starting in that order with no luck. Also did some port forwarding per Denons advice & tried some other setting with no luck.

I've ordered a long cable to see if that helps & a new router.

Hopefully, this will clear up soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts