AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know anything about denon's avr-3803, 4802r and 5803 receivers that output all composite and y/c inputs via y/pr/pb? how are they accomplishing this upconversion? de-interlacing? i could not find details about this process at their website.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I don't believe there is any deinterlacing in there. I believe it's solely a transcode from S-video and composite to component. It is therefore not an upconversion either.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks rogo.

if that is the case, does it mean the composite and svid inputs are output at 480i via the component cables? from the responses to other posts i have made regarding a similar subject, i gather that this is not the most desirable situation if employing a video processor; i.e., that it is better to let the video processor handle the transcoding - true?

thanks again.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
If you actually have a good video processor, it is likely to do better transcoding than the Denon. But transcoding is not so hard that the Denon necessarily does it poorly. In fact, I've never viewed the Denon's work there. I have read much to indicate that the Pioneer does it well, so Denon might do it well, too.

Yes, the composite and S-video are output at 480i as that's what they come in as.

mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.