AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Let me start from the basics.

I am completely new to the world of Home Theater System and seeing so many goodies as be befuddled and confused often to the point of scratching my head.

Now I am getting following types of deals that I would like to follow up on.

1. One is Denon AVR x-1000 With Denon 5.1 system 

Looks a good deal , will give me an extra 5.1 HTS. I already have Edifier DA5000 Pro 5.1 Home Theater system so I am not sure I need to add the Denon HTS unless I am doing multizone.

Which I might be interested in later.

2. Pioneer VSX-1123K

Have heard some great rave reviews about it, and i would be willing to spend on it if it's worth my bucks better than the Denon.

3. Denon AVR X-1000 Alone :

If I don't add, I can probably get the Denon pretty cheap which will cover most of my things? This might be the best deal for me as I am just starting in home theater.

Another thing I do wonder though is that Denon X1000 does not have a Multi Zone support so you have to use the Pre output to hook an external amplifier later should I wish to do multizoning?

I am assuming I am correct in this?

4. Denon AVR X-2000

Supports Multi-zoning out of the box. 

But doesn't have two HDMI outputs comapred to Pioneer VSX.  Will be handicapped ?

In the end out of the 4 options tell me which is the best option for me to follow.

I would like something which offers great sound, at the cost of perhaps paying extra cash. But if I can hear no noticeable sound difference with the higher models , and just some extra ports which wouldn't be worth my extra cash, I am willing to buy the cheaper model.

Thank you for replies. :)

Anything else which you might consider better than all of these could be considered too, so throw in your options :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts