AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am doing a little trouble shooting on my home entertainment system. As you guys are always very helpful I thought I'd start here.

I have a pretty simple set-up. Two QAcoustic 2050i-s floor standing on a Denon AVR-X2000 receiver. Sony Blu-ray and Sony screen. When I set it up originally I had some problems with the signal going through but solved it eventually by tweaking some settings. All was fine for about 1 year.

Recently, my speakers started behaving odd. 'Popping' sounds or cutting out completely. There is no real pattern to it, sometimes the volume drops and other times the left or right speaker cuts out completely. Sometimes the sound comes back by itself but most of the time it doesn't.

I don't really think there is anything wrong with the speakers though, I never play them loud (limited at 60) and the sound seems fine when they are working. I am wondering if the receiver is playing up. Shutting down and restarting the system does help. But the best way to 'fix' it is to 'jiggle' or turn up the volume until the sound kicks in again.

Any ideas? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.