AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a second receiver. I currently have a Denon 2112CI that I have used for my home theater setup and to stream music outside to the backyard speakers. Its served me ok but it's airplay feature has always been spotty with annoying dropouts that seem to be getting worse. I want to move that receiver to another setup in another part of the house and replace it with a new receiver. The Denon product I've been looking at that has the features I want is the X3100W. It has the features, but I'm a bit concerned about the airplay and network issues as we spend a lot of time outside in the summer and the network streaming is big to us. I'm wondering what other makes and models in a similar price point are similar to the X3100W? These are the features that I'm looking for:

Airplay
Spotify Connect (not a deal breaker)
Zone 2 capability
Bluetooth (not a deal breaker_
Ability to play two seperate digital/hdmi sources - If we're outside listening to music I want the kids to still be able to watch the satellite. Currently with my 2112CI, if you are using an HDMI source in Zone 1 you can't stream anything to zone 2 which makes either the parents unhappy or the kids unhappy. I also would like to be able to stream HDMI source audio to zone 2 which I currently can't do (I can see my TV from outside so if the ball game is on I'd like to be able to stream the audio to zone 2)

Any similar makes and models that would give me these features that I should be checking out?

·
Premium Member
90,354 Posts
The X3100W is a good choice with these features. AVScience currently has one unit available which we are shipping with a free Denon HEOS Link (MSRP $349) which when connected to the X3100W can stream any 2.0 audio to wireless Denon HEOS speakers (purchased separately) placed in other rooms in the house. You can also use the Denon HEOS app to stream Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and SiriusXM directly to these speakers as well. Call if interested in learning more about the X3100W and Denon HEOS Link.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts