AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DENON AVR-X4500H Video Pass-through

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rboster 
#1 ·
hi. first off, I want to apologize if this had already been asked. I realize there's a dedicated DENON X-Series thread, but it's just so huge that I couldn't find my way inside it. I hope you'll allow this.

I'm in the market for a new AVR and have been looking at the AVR-X4500H. it has everything I need, but one thing that's not entirely specified and that I also need is full, pure, complete video pass-through.

the advertised features/specs do make note of 4K Video Pass-through, which is good, but I just need to make sure that it goes all the way. that means no processing is applied to the video signal, whatsoever. no OSD, no GUI, volume indication, menus, etc. - just the pure video signal routed through and passing to the output. --- the reason for all this is because my setup is aimed at minimal input lag, and I don't want to introduce any additional latency with adding the device to the chain.

I had gotten in touch with DENON customer service, with the above question, and what they said was literally: "That is only done when using HDMI Passthrough only." --- now, I couldn't understand if that was a "yes" or a "yes, but..." or even a "no". to me it's not an elaborate enough reply on which to base an $1,500 purchase on.

I understand that there's a Passthrough option in the AVR's settings menu that allows the video signal to be sent directly to the output even when the AVR is off, which probably means video processing will not occur, but it also means audio will not be routed through to the speakers connected to the AVR. --- what if I do want the AVR to stay ON, and the audio to be routed to the speakers, but have complete video passthrough, zero video processing, and zero added latency at the output, can I get that through any means using the AVR-X4500H?

a mouthful, I know. and I really appreciate you taking the time to read through. thank you very much!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.