AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to set up my new Denon AVR 1912 to work in stereo with just two speakers as I only have two speakers and am not bothered about surround sound.

I may add two more speakers later but in a separate room using the Zone 2 facility.

Is there anything special I need to do to get stereo output working properly from bluray discs etc...

Many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but what do I do when running the set-up Wizard, (which i think I need to do first) do i select 7.1, 5.1 or "other" under speakers?

If I select 5.1 it appears to want me to select 5 speakers.

Sorry to be so daft, and thanks again...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - it is working brilliantly. A few probelms like when I turn the TV off the amp goes off too, but I can read around those.

What a brilliant device - the internet radio and Airplay are phenominal - and the Denon RC Apps are both excellent - I prefer the paid for one as the display on an ipad is remarkable.

I havbe one last (I hope) question. My NAD C542 is hooked up using Van den Hul analogue cables, but it does have an optical output, which I have never used.

I guess that would mean using the DAC of the Denon as opposed to conversion within the NAD, and all that that implies. Would it be worth trying this as an alternative?

Thanks again for your help and advice..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything now works pretty much perfectly and I've got Zone 2 running too. I prefer the CD sound through analogue cables.

I am still finding Airplay very hit and miss, it seems I usually have to reboot my ipod or ipad whenever I want to use it which rather spoils the experience.

Any ideas, thanks in advance, Will

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.