AVS Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Denon 3312, not 3312ci. I was having the same issue with the receiver clicking constantly and at the same time, cutting out speakers. I tried the trick of lifting the front of the receiver and dropping it. I heard the relay click as I dropped it and can confirm that it has fixed the problem, at least temporarily. It's been a few days now, no clicking!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's now four months later and I'm still having to use the drop trick. However I have found lifting the back right of the receiver and dropping is better than dropping from the front. Dropping from the back right requires less of a drop to get the click. I still feel like I'm going to completely break the receiver at some point doing this though :(

Edit: I'll also add, this trick usually only lasts around a week before I have to do it again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
losing center channel

Has anyone figured definitively what this problem is and what the fix might be? By pushing on one side or another of the receiver I can fix the problem usually for only a few minutes/ Several times during one movie the sound in center channel will go out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to chime in that this fix worked; I made an account to confirm. Denon AVR 1972 or something... has been happening for over 2 years on and off- I take all connections apart and it seemed to fix. The drop fixed it RIGHT AWAY>

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont like to "drop" the receiver, but I have luck with this: I can grab on end of the receiver and lift it up while applying pressure to the other end opposite corner, just flexing it enough to hear the "click" and the center channel comes back on. Sometimes the fix will last the whole movie sometimes I have to do this a couple times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had this problem for a little while with my Denon AVR S930H. I bought it refurbished almost a year ago.

I had noticed the issue and I somehow was able to fix it for a few months. When I switched TV, the issue came back.

When I start losing the channels, I don't always get a *click* sound (or I haven't noticed.)

I've been able to fix it for short periods of time by touching some of the speaker wires, at random and then slowly backing away from the receiver. The slightest vibration seems to, sometimes, trigger the issue again.

Switching to banana plugs seems to have helped, but definitely not fixed it.

Next time (shouldn't be too long...) I'll try the small drop trick.

Sorry if this isn't helpful, just another failing receiver entry in here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is something that I have to do with my 2312 every once in a while. The drop truck worked for 2 years and started happening again. Just had to drop it again to see if it will keep working. Don't want to have to get a new unit yet but this one has be going strong for 6 years now. Kind of want a x2400h but I will see if I can hold out for longer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, this problem ended up getting worse on my 3312 to where the drop trick no longer worked. So, I went and purchased another 3312 and within 3 months of having this one... it now has the same problem.:rolleyes:
From the research I have done, it leads to being an issue with the hdmi board and is apparently a common problem according to multiple sellers who stocked Denon receivers around 2010-2013ish. I give up with the 3312, it's a lovely receiver when it works but it's too unreliable.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This thread started 5 years ago. I googled center channel not working on Denon AVR-3312ci and found it. I've had this Denon for years since it was first available without any issues. A couple of days ago it started making a clicking noise and the center channel would go off and on with the clicks. Finally the center channel went out for good. I tried the lift and drop mentioned here, and to my surprise it worked. Thanks for the fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

So I am having an issue with my Denon AVR-3312Ci. It plays fine for a while then all of a sudden it starts "clicking" inside the amp and I lose the sound from the center channel. It will then "click" again and sound back and then back and forth.

The only thing I have changed is my TV stand and I added banana clips to all speaker wires. My new TV stand has about 4-5`` of clearance from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the next shelf and the sides and back are open. The only differance from the old one is the old one had likely about 8-10`` above the receiver.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I am thinking it might be overheating but that is just a guess. The receiver seems pretty warm.

Thanks for any help!
I'd say you aren't getting enough watts with all your speakers connected. I have Onkyo TX-NR777 in my speaker settings I have the option to change the Speaker Impedance.
Mine was set at a default of 6ohms. I changed it too 4ohms which would give me more power to work with, with my 7.2 Surround sound HT Setup.
After I changed that, I heard no more clicking and my issue was solved.

When I had the Issue at hand, my config never changed (Meaning) switching DolbyTrueHD too DTSHDMA or a Speaker setup change like switching too 5.1 or 3.1
I do understand this thread is old but I decided to give my thoughts on the situation with a fully updated answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently had the same clicking issues with my Denton receiver. After reading the posts and listening to several comment on the ability to raise the receiver and drop it to reset the magnetic connection I realized that the common action in every solution was to move the unit, thus moving the wires and connections. I didn’t do the drip technique but realized that this all started after I added more speakers so I went back and removed the new speakers and the clicking stopped. I then reconnected the speakers using monster plugs instead of bare wire into the back of the unit. I then tightened all fittings on the back of the receiver. The clicking has stopped! For me it had to be a bad speaker connection causing the shorting. One thing I noticed was that some of the speaker wore strands were broken off at the sheathing and maybe that was causing the connectivity issues. I don’t know but suggest you all to remove and reinstall every connection to the back of the unit with new wire cuts and splices to ensure good connections. Good luck. It worked for me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Have had the mysterious clicking for a while that I would hear through my speakers or headphones. A very low click sound about every 4 seconds. Tried lots of cable and power connection swapping but no luck. Finally did some Googling and came across this thread. Tried lifting and dropping the front of my X4000 and the clicking immediately stopped. I would never have thought to try this on my own. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Posting to say kudos to the drop trick, but on x4100w. I had swapped cables and reset factory on receiver, no test tone on center. Dropped the front a couple inches and it instantly came back on. As I'm typing it went off and clicked and came back on, so I guess cold solder joint or something loose.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Drop trick worked for about five minutes and went out again. Tore into the receiver and watched a YouTube video in German where they tore down a receiver, and got it apart and traced down the relay power signal. Resoldered the pins, and swapped the relay from front L/R to center in case the soldering didn’t fix it, if the relay was bad the problem would move. Had one solder joint that looked cold and heated up several others and checked continuity. Put it back together, and it’s working. Several power cycles and that’s more than it did over the weekend so may be fixed.

If you do this, the back panel has to come off early, a lot of screws and take pics and try to keep straight what’s what. The edge connectors are a pain to take apart and a lot easier to put together. A set of small picks is a huge help getting them loose. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm just wondering if you have the link for the German you tube channel. I have similar issues with my Denon X3300W. No sounds from all speaker but videos and switches working perfectly well.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts