AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been trawling the boards for the last hour or so and just read the owners manual but I can't seem to find the answer to what I'm sure is a simple question: I have 2 zones I'm using, the main with 5.1speakers and a new LED tv and I have an outdoor tv set up with a pair of outdoor speakers. The outdoor tv is plugged into the Zone 2 HDMI and the speakers assigned to ZONE 2. when I play my ipod or radio, it works indoor and outdoor no problems, However when I turn on the cable tv and send it to both the main zone and zone 2, the speakers outside don't work. I get picture to the outdoor tv and the sound goes through the HDMI to the crappy speakers attached to the tv but the outdoor speakers won't go. I have tried using old school rca connections from the cable box to the jacks on the receiver but the sound is terrible and there's a buzz. I have tried using optical and coax from the cable box to the denon and no matter what the zone 2 only gets picture and sound through the tv and nothing through the speakers. What am I doing wrong? Really sorry if this has already been answered but I can't find a solution

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. Curiously, I unplugged the analogue cables and replaced them with different ones and the buzzing went away and the speakers are working now. For some reason the outdoor TV stopped receiving a signal from the HDMI... so I switched everything off and on again and then everything worked. I love it when things work out - but I hate it when I don't know why!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts