AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the DBP-A100 as well as the AVR-A100. As for the DBP, both the audio and video are top notch - I'm extremely pleased with the quality of the unit. My HT has never looked or sounded better. So far I've played Blu-Ray, DVD, SACD and DVD-Audio, and they've all looked and sounded fantastic.

If I had to come up some negatives, three minor gripes come to mind after about a month's worth of use. First, the unit is very slow, both in powering up and loading a disk. This is probably my biggest complaint, as this can take anywhere from 30 seconds to over a minute. Not the end of the world, but annoying just the same. Second, it would be nice if the remote was backlit. Now that I'm beginning to remember where the buttons are, this isn't a big deal, plus most people have some sort of universal remote, but come on, how much more would it have cost to back light the remote. Finally, it would have been nice if this unit had 3D capability. Again, not a big deal since there isn't that much 3D content out there, and my PS3 can play 3D, but at this price point it would be nice if it could also handle 3D.

These minor gripes aside, this is a very nice unit. If you're looking for a universal player without sacrificing on quality, I would certainly recommend checking this out.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
It seems like it is a slightly updated DBP 4010UDCI. Everything inside looks the same except the analog audio board. I am not sure if it uses the same DACs or not. Other than some analog audio changes, shiny front and a 5 year warranty, it should be exactly like the 4010 as far as i can tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.