AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 416 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread#post_22977952

I am deciding between this Denon (I still have my 3910) and the Oppo 105. Which Oppo do you have, and how does the analog audio compare to the Denon?

I have the OPPO 95 and the newer 103. I also gave a 103 as a Christmas present to my son. I can hear no difference between the HDMI audio on the 95 and its analog output via the XLR stereo output. I, personally, would think long and hard before I would purchase the 105 over the 103. But then I am a classically music nut and love my SACD collection. A big money difference for some bells and whistles, although I admit to not hearing the 105's analog audio output.

As an aside, I also have the DENON DVD-A1. I find the audio via Denon Link 4 to be the tiniest bit superior to either the 95 or the 103, particularly the SACD multi channel audio. I have the Anthem P5 amp, and Paradigm Signature 8 speakers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The DBT-3313 has stereo analog outputs only, no 7.1 Mch analog outputs. I remember reading somewhere that the DACs are Burr Brown/TI I forget the number. The 105 has both stereo and 7.1 analog outputs, using Sabre ESS DACs that from everything I've read are outstanding. Based on analog considerations, the 105 is the clear winner over the 3313 IMHO.

·
Registered
15,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread#post_22978078

I have the OPPO 95 and the newer 103. I also gave a 103 as a Christmas present to my son. I can hear no difference between the HDMI audio on the 95 and its analog output via the XLR stereo output. I, personally, would think long and hard before I would purchase the 105 over the 103. But then I am a classically music nut and love my SACD collection. A big money difference for some bells and whistles, although I admit to not hearing the 105's analog audio output.

As an aside, I also have the DENON DVD-A1. I find the audio via Denon Link 4 to be the tiniest bit superior to either the 95 or the 103, particularly the SACD multi channel audio. I have the Anthem P5 amp, and Paradigm Signature 8 speakers.

Thanks, Mikey and David, for your responses. The 105 has better audio DACs than the 103, which is important to me for CD/SACD listening since I will be using 2-channel analog audio outs only (to my 2-channel analog pre-amp and amp). Sounds like the 105 is probably the best in that price range for serious music listening, although I'm sure the Denon is no slouch.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbarrickman  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread#post_22978094

Based on analog considerations, the 105 is the clear winner over the 3313 IMHO.

Quite so, but no one would ever buy the Denon for its analogue performance. Its intended as a transport for bitsreaming via HDMI. That's its primary purpose and how it is marketed. The two channel out is just a secondary add on feature and not a primary selling point.

If 2 channel music performance is a huge consideration I wouldn't even bother with a device like an Oppo. I'd get some sort of hifi setup.

·
Registered
15,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread#post_22983220

If 2 channel music performance is a huge consideration I wouldn't even bother with a device like an Oppo. I'd get some sort of hifi setup.
Not sure what do you mean? Just looking for a good universal player for BluRay, streaming, CD and SACD to replace both my Denon 3910 and Panny 110, and reviews suggest the Oppo 105 is tops for BluRays and as good as more expensive CD players for music. Was wondering whether this new Denon would be as good, and it sounds like it's not for what I need it for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Denon AVR-3313 / DBT-3313; on the network is a Synology NAS with lots of movies, mostly in mkv-format.

It works pretty fine accessing the movies, but I have one problem: they are all displayed in “full screen”, that is: the full width *and* height of the projector display is filled with the movie, even when there should be black borders on top and bottom. If I access the same NAS from my computer and play it through VLC, all is fine and the movies are displayed in it's correct proportions.

Has anybody else seen this or know what to do?

/Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased a AVR4520ci & DBT3313, a newbie with the Denon setup.

The firmware upate on the 4520 went well however the 3313 got hung up.

Now the 3313 remote does work.

How do I reset the 3313 unit? How do I reset the remote? Is there a work around to update the firmware?

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI just purchased this blu ray player and I was going to start to put all my music in a hard drive and connect via usb.

Just wondering if you still have a problem with m/c reading folders and files.

My music collection consists of in exess of 3000 c.d.'s and I was going to convert each one to wav.

Please E-Mail me if you have any information about this.

Thanks Regards Matthew

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoie  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread#post_23020782

HI just purchased this blu ray player and I was going to start to put all my music in a hard drive and connect via usb.

Just wondering if you still have a problem with m/c reading folders and files.

My music collection consists of in exess of 3000 c.d.'s and I was going to convert each one to wav.

Please E-Mail me if you have any information about this.

Thanks Regards Matthew

Current experience is only browsing/playing from a DNLA server. That's all fine. The issue of not reading more than 105 entries has indeed been fixed with the latest firmware upgrade.

I'll see if I can find some time to fill a HDD and test it for you. Can't promise by when.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
45 Posts
Updated both the AVR-3313 and DBT-3313. The AVR 's streaming now is gapless. Hurray! Unfortunately the DBT still has small but noticible gaps. We continue to hope.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcrime66  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23081562

Updated both the AVR-3313 and DBT-3313. The AVR 's streaming now is gapless. Hurray! Unfortunately the DBT still has small but noticible gaps. We continue to hope.

Will the remote from the AVR 3313 control the DBT?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Everyone.

Could Anyone tell me if they are seeing double lines around edges like the denon logo. I bought one the other day and very unhappy with the picture quality it like the sharpness is pushed too high in the player so i take the sharpness down to get rid of the double lines then makes the picture flat :-(. I compared it with my old 3800Ci Denon and the old players way above in picture Quality even the oppo 93 better. I think i got a lemon. I want this player for the Denon link to my 4520.

·
Registered
45 Posts
[quote name="sutton8" url="/t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23085297"

Will the remote from the AVR 3313 control the DBT?[/quote]

Only limited. For instace the "Home" button is lacking so no way -as far as I know- to start the dbt media player/you tube etc. Play/stop/next etc etc is all there. Even Setup.

I use a logitech so don't look athem too much.

IOS app DeRemote is handy but for the AVR only. The DBT is a DMP device hence won't show on your network (to allow fr control).

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by United2013  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23085760

Hi Everyone.

Could Anyone tell me if they are seeing double lines around edges like the denon logo. I bought one the other day and very unhappy with the picture quality it like the sharpness is pushed too high in the player so i take the sharpness down to get rid of the double lines then makes the picture flat :-(. I compared it with my old 3800Ci Denon and the old players way above in picture Quality even the oppo 93 better. I think i got a lemon. I want this player for the Denon link to my 4520.

None whatsoever. If you use picture enhancement which I generally would not recommend use it on either your TV set or the AVT. If at all then certainky not both. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by United2013  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23085760

Hi Everyone.

Hi,

I'm from europe. European DBT-3313 players had a heavy bug in the firmware, which was called by Denon "Ringing distortion video output". With the firmware from end january 2013 this terrible bug was corrected. I don't know, if all DBT3313 worldwide were affected, but the european players all had this bug.

changelog of DBT3313UD

MCU 042 or 045

HQ 9150

Can’t play BD's from Concorde Home Entertainment

Media Player: when streaming music from NAS drive only 105 folders are

displayed.
Ringing distortion on video output.

Contents cannot be played when the customer uses DTCP-IP and BDRecorder

made of Panasonic.

When the customer selects DTS-HD and AAC by a quick start under a

specific condition, analog audio is not output.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frytom  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23089885

Hi,

I'm from europe. European DBT-3313 players had a heavy bug in the firmware, which was called by Denon "Ringing distortion video output". With the firmware from end january 2013 this terrible bug was corrected. I don't know, if all DBT3313 worldwide were affected, but the european players all had this bug.

changelog of DBT3313UD

MCU 042 or 045

HQ 9150

Can’t play BD's from Concorde Home Entertainment

Media Player: when streaming music from NAS drive only 105 folders are

displayed.
Ringing distortion on video output.

Contents cannot be played when the customer uses DTCP-IP and BDRecorder

made of Panasonic.

When the customer selects DTS-HD and AAC by a quick start under a

specific condition, analog audio is not output.

Thank you for your help. I did the latest update to see if it would fix it and still had double lines on things if i put a test patten on you can see it the most. The players at a denon repair center and they are going to tell me if there a problem if they say there no problem i will ask for a new unit or my money back. as a cheap $50 player looks better.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks mindcrime66 for your continued help. I've ordered one and will be picking it up in a week or so. My concerns are that there is no fast forward and reverse within a track and whether there are thumbnail previews of video files from my PC. But I've ordered anyway.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My third day using it. When it's on after about 8 minutes I can smell some plastic-like smell if I'm near it. Is it normal? Kinda worried!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok Denon repair said they found a problem so they are replacing the mean video board so i hope this get rig of those double lines on the image.
If not i will ask for a new unit.

21 - 40 of 416 Posts