AVS Forum banner

401 - 416 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got DBT-3313 blu-ray player from someone as used item. everything is working except.....

The DISC TRAY is sticky , consistently produce some black sticky residue. See video here: https://youtu.be/3cgoAsT2bog

example , i rub my finger across the disc tray , the black sticky residue will come out . also , black sticky residue will stick to almost every disc i put in.

i called in to Denon local service center , there is no spare part available .

anyone who owned this have solution? or how to settle it?

PS: i used blu-tac to remove most of sticky residue , but the disc tray is still consistently sticky
Hi guys, I found a solution after seeing tons of YouTube video tutorials, and think I did an even better solution

See my YouTube cleaning tip:

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I just got DBT-3313 blu-ray player from someone as used item. everything is working except.....

The DISC TRAY is sticky , consistently produce some black sticky residue. See video here: https://youtu.be/3cgoAsT2bog

example , i rub my finger across the disc tray , the black sticky residue will come out . also , black sticky residue will stick to almost every disc i put in.

i called in to Denon local service center , there is no spare part available .

anyone who owned this have solution? or how to settle it?

PS: i used blu-tac to remove most of sticky residue , but the disc tray is still consistently sticky
I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I found goo on my expensive BD drive‘s mechanism; who knows where else there’s sticky gunk that you can’t see.

Anyway, I was curious so I looked in the service manual to find the drive tray’s part number. The tray isn’t available as a separate part but you can buy the whole BD drive (it’s the next higher level assembly from the tray) which is available. It’s not dirt cheap but is reasonable at $150 brand new. The drive is the same part for both the Marantz UD7007 and the Denon but the front trim is different so you’d have to move the trim from your existing drive to the new one...or order new trim.

Here’s a link to the drive through an official parts supplier; these drive mechanisms are trivially easy to swap out if you decide to completely replace the drive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I found goo on my expensive BD drive‘s mechanism; who knows where else there’s sticky gunk that you can’t see.

Anyway, I was curious so I looked in the service manual to find the drive tray’s part number. The tray isn’t available as a separate part but you can buy the whole BD drive (it’s the next higher level assembly from the tray) which is available. It’s not dirt cheap but is reasonable at $150 brand new. The drive is the same part for both the Marantz UD7007 and the Denon but the front trim is different so you’d have to move the trim from your existing drive to the new one...or order new trim.

Here’s a link to the drive through an official parts supplier; these drive mechanisms are trivially easy to swap out if you decide to completely replace the drive.
Hi mate , I fixed it and shared video on how I fix, maybe can help some guys who encountered same in the future. successfully watched few movies on it, great player

Ps: About the disc tray problem , I suspected that the player disc tray seem to have a rubber coating, but rubber coating melted due to humidity in my country.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Hi mate , I fixed it and shared video on how I fix, maybe can help some guys who encountered same in the future. successfully watched few movies on it, great player

Ps: About the disc tray problem , I suspected that the player disc tray seem to have a rubber coating, but rubber coating melted due to humidity in my country.
I’m not sure that removing the rubber coating with alcohol constitutes a fix; that’s why I suggested ordering a new assembly and doing it right. My point is that whatever condition caused the tray’s coating to fail could’ve caused other problems that you can’t see. If you intend to keep the player for a long time, it might be worth the peace of mind to replace the drive. It would be for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally upgraded my receiver, from AVR X4000 to X4500H. First try with an SACD from the BDT, instantly showed DSD processing on the AVR display.

But after some playing with settings (Audyssey and Crossovers, speakers, HDMI) I only get PCM from the SACD, no native DSD.

What could be the issue? I didn’t change anything at the BDT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally upgraded my receiver, from AVR X4000 to X4500H. First try with an SACD from the BDT, instantly showed DSD processing on the AVR display.

But after some playing with settings (Audyssey and Crossovers, speakers, HDMI) I only get PCM from the SACD, no native DSD.

What could be the issue? I didn’t change anything at the BDT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solved. See my own post #343 in this thread from some years ago.
Time to get a new TV, I guess. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Recently I saw there is a brand new DBT-3313 listing? Since I knew the player's hulu and youtube stopped working, and it does not support 4K blu-ray. The only feature I'm curious is the Denon Link HD. Does it make a difference with this clock synchronization with the AVR?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Recently I saw there is a brand new DBT-3313 listing? Since I knew the player's hulu and youtube stopped working, and it does not support 4K blu-ray. The only feature I'm curious is the Denon Link HD. Does it make a difference with this clock synchronization with the AVR?

I think they were discontinued, but there might be some stock left? I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again, should mine ever stop working.
Link HD is the difference that makes you smile at people who think analogue sounds better than digital.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think they were discontinued, but there might be some stock left? I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again, should mine ever stop working.
Link HD is the difference that makes you smile at people who think analogue sounds better than digital.
Thank you for your information, would you mind to share which part of your player stop working?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I'm trying to connect my Denon DBT 3313 UD to a Q Acoustics M2 Soundbase, to no avail.
The idea was to use the Soundbase's HDMI ARC input with the DBT's dual HDMI output setting, that is, HDMI video signals to the TV and HDMI audio signals to the Soundbase, of course. The Denon´s "pure" option was set to "AV Pure direct", sound output to PCM, given the Soundbase's stereo/subwoofer nature, and HDMI control was selected for the Denon's HDMI "amp" output. Still, no sound, only image.
Am I to understand that the DBT's HDMI output is not ARC compatible at all? Did any one ever try their 3313 with ARC?
I would really appreciate your comments on this. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,070 Posts
ARC is for sending audio from the display to the audio device. You can't use ARC and dual outputs at the same time. If you want to use dual outputs disable ARC and send video to the display and audio to the soundbase. I don't know the capabilities of your display, but if you want to use ARC, then remove the second HDMI for audio and send both to the display and pass it through the display to the soundbase.

Reactions: Manuel Carvalho

·
Registered
4 Posts
ARC is for sending audio from the display to the audio device. You can't use ARC and dual outputs at the same time. If you want to use dual outputs disable ARC and send video to the display and audio to the soundbase. I don't know the capabilities of your display, but if you want to use ARC, then remove the second HDMI for audio and send both to the display and pass it through the display to the soundbase.
Thank you for your reply, it makes some interesting points.

Right, I was trying to use the Soundbase's HDMI ARC input as a regular HDMI, not for ARC purposes. But you made me wonder whether there's a possibility of disabling ARC, that might do the trick. Thanks again. I'll get in touch with Q Acoustics to find that out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your reply, it makes some interesting points.

Right, I was trying to use the Soundbase's HDMI ARC input as a regular HDMI, not for ARC purposes. But you made me wonder whether there's a possibility of disabling ARC, that might do the trick. Thanks again. I'll get in touch with Q Acoustics to find that out.
But what still bugs me is why wouldn't a HDMI ARC input accept direct audio from the Denon DBT amp dedicated HDMI output, which I thought it would.

·
Super Moderator
16,070 Posts
You can't plug the Denon into the HDMI ARC on the soundbase. HDMI ARC is for passing video from external sources to the display and accepting audio on the Return channel from the display. Based on the user manual, the soundbase is only designed to accept audio. You will need to run the both audio and video to your display using the main HDMI out (You will not use HDMI 2 on the Denon) and let the display pass audio to the soundbase through ARC. You do have the Denon set up correctly to send 2 channel PCM.

Reactions: Manuel Carvalho

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can't plug the Denon into the HDMI ARC on the soundbase. HDMI ARC is for passing video from external sources to the display and accepting audio on the Return channel from the display. You will need to run the both audio and video to your display using the main HDMI out (You will not use HDMI 2 on the Denon) and let the display pass audio to the soundbase through ARC.
Got it Teachsac, thanks for making things clear. I'm already using a HDMI audio/video output (monitor) from the 3313 to the display, then using the display's analogue RCA outputs connected to the Soundbase... I was just really interested in using the Denon's dual output option. I suppose I might be saving for a Denon receiver soon....

401 - 416 of 416 Posts