AVS Forum banner

401 - 410 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got DBT-3313 blu-ray player from someone as used item. everything is working except.....

The DISC TRAY is sticky , consistently produce some black sticky residue. See video here: https://youtu.be/3cgoAsT2bog

example , i rub my finger across the disc tray , the black sticky residue will come out . also , black sticky residue will stick to almost every disc i put in.

i called in to Denon local service center , there is no spare part available .

anyone who owned this have solution? or how to settle it?

PS: i used blu-tac to remove most of sticky residue , but the disc tray is still consistently sticky
Hi guys, I found a solution after seeing tons of YouTube video tutorials, and think I did an even better solution

See my YouTube cleaning tip:

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I just got DBT-3313 blu-ray player from someone as used item. everything is working except.....

The DISC TRAY is sticky , consistently produce some black sticky residue. See video here: https://youtu.be/3cgoAsT2bog

example , i rub my finger across the disc tray , the black sticky residue will come out . also , black sticky residue will stick to almost every disc i put in.

i called in to Denon local service center , there is no spare part available .

anyone who owned this have solution? or how to settle it?

PS: i used blu-tac to remove most of sticky residue , but the disc tray is still consistently sticky
I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I found goo on my expensive BD drive‘s mechanism; who knows where else there’s sticky gunk that you can’t see.

Anyway, I was curious so I looked in the service manual to find the drive tray’s part number. The tray isn’t available as a separate part but you can buy the whole BD drive (it’s the next higher level assembly from the tray) which is available. It’s not dirt cheap but is reasonable at $150 brand new. The drive is the same part for both the Marantz UD7007 and the Denon but the front trim is different so you’d have to move the trim from your existing drive to the new one...or order new trim.

Here’s a link to the drive through an official parts supplier; these drive mechanisms are trivially easy to swap out if you decide to completely replace the drive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I found goo on my expensive BD drive‘s mechanism; who knows where else there’s sticky gunk that you can’t see.

Anyway, I was curious so I looked in the service manual to find the drive tray’s part number. The tray isn’t available as a separate part but you can buy the whole BD drive (it’s the next higher level assembly from the tray) which is available. It’s not dirt cheap but is reasonable at $150 brand new. The drive is the same part for both the Marantz UD7007 and the Denon but the front trim is different so you’d have to move the trim from your existing drive to the new one...or order new trim.

Here’s a link to the drive through an official parts supplier; these drive mechanisms are trivially easy to swap out if you decide to completely replace the drive.
Hi mate , I fixed it and shared video on how I fix, maybe can help some guys who encountered same in the future. successfully watched few movies on it, great player

Ps: About the disc tray problem , I suspected that the player disc tray seem to have a rubber coating, but rubber coating melted due to humidity in my country.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Hi mate , I fixed it and shared video on how I fix, maybe can help some guys who encountered same in the future. successfully watched few movies on it, great player

Ps: About the disc tray problem , I suspected that the player disc tray seem to have a rubber coating, but rubber coating melted due to humidity in my country.
I’m not sure that removing the rubber coating with alcohol constitutes a fix; that’s why I suggested ordering a new assembly and doing it right. My point is that whatever condition caused the tray’s coating to fail could’ve caused other problems that you can’t see. If you intend to keep the player for a long time, it might be worth the peace of mind to replace the drive. It would be for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally upgraded my receiver, from AVR X4000 to X4500H. First try with an SACD from the BDT, instantly showed DSD processing on the AVR display.

But after some playing with settings (Audyssey and Crossovers, speakers, HDMI) I only get PCM from the SACD, no native DSD.

What could be the issue? I didn’t change anything at the BDT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally upgraded my receiver, from AVR X4000 to X4500H. First try with an SACD from the BDT, instantly showed DSD processing on the AVR display.

But after some playing with settings (Audyssey and Crossovers, speakers, HDMI) I only get PCM from the SACD, no native DSD.

What could be the issue? I didn’t change anything at the BDT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solved. See my own post #343 in this thread from some years ago.
Time to get a new TV, I guess. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Recently I saw there is a brand new DBT-3313 listing? Since I knew the player's hulu and youtube stopped working, and it does not support 4K blu-ray. The only feature I'm curious is the Denon Link HD. Does it make a difference with this clock synchronization with the AVR?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Recently I saw there is a brand new DBT-3313 listing? Since I knew the player's hulu and youtube stopped working, and it does not support 4K blu-ray. The only feature I'm curious is the Denon Link HD. Does it make a difference with this clock synchronization with the AVR?

I think they were discontinued, but there might be some stock left? I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again, should mine ever stop working.
Link HD is the difference that makes you smile at people who think analogue sounds better than digital.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think they were discontinued, but there might be some stock left? I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again, should mine ever stop working.
Link HD is the difference that makes you smile at people who think analogue sounds better than digital.
Thank you for your information, would you mind to share which part of your player stop working?

401 - 410 of 410 Posts