AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 419 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Got my Player Back and all i can say is the picture is excellent best picture Quality from a player i seen, And I used a lot of players like the oppo 93 ,sony 790 and my old 3800 denon.


Does anyone know how to get the remote app working on this player, i have the 4520 AVR and the remote app works great on it but can not get the blu-ray player to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by United2013  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23114143


Does anyone know how to get the remote app working on this player, i have the 4520 AVR and the remote app works great on it but can not get the blu-ray player to work.

The solution was posted on the UK AV site. You need to go into the players setup and select HDMI Amp On.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Sutton8 is right. Control via an app has to go via the AVR since the DBT is a DNLA DMP device and can not be reached via the network. Cher the DNLA site for full feature descriptions. The AVR for instance is a Digital Media Renderer and not a Player like the DBT. Different feature set.


iOS app DeRemote I use a lot. For the AVR that is. Unfortunately it won't control the DBT via HDMI. I didn't manage anyway.

However for casual streaming using the AVR it's excellent. Won't decode multi channel flacs like the DBT though.

But quickly pump up the center speaker a bit during a movie...DeRemote is your friend. Direct access to audyssey parameters....all there.

It's a few euros but i find it definitely worth it. Do spent some time finding all the option. Took me a bit.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I got one earlier this week and admittedly have not had a chance to play around yet. First quick thoughts is that there is no album art streaming FLAC from my PC whereas there is on the AVR 3313. Also navigating back to a previous screen when you are playing a track doesn't seem to work well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Roedig  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread#post_23008128


Just purchased a AVR4520ci & DBT3313, a newbie with the Denon setup.

The firmware upate on the 4520 went well however the 3313 got hung up.

Now the 3313 remote does work.

How do I reset the 3313 unit? How do I reset the remote? Is there a work around to update the firmware?

Ron, I am in Canada as well.


I have an Oppo 95 plugged directly into my amp's and I love the stereo sound. I am now looking at going multi-channel, and I have been considering moving up to a 103 and an Emotiva processor, but the 4520 and 3313 have been in the back of my mind as a perfect match.


Can you tell me how you decided on what you got and what other equipment you considered.


I would want this combo as a catch all; mostly SACD audio and H.T.


Thanks in advance for any information you can pass on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23134978


I got one earlier this week and admittedly have not had a chance to play around yet. First quick thoughts is that there is no album art streaming FLAC from my PC whereas there is on the AVR 3313. Also navigating back to a previous screen when you are playing a track doesn't seem to work well.

That is correct. For 'casual' streaming the AVR works best. I use it with DeRemote so the tv is off anyways. No need for artwork though it's there.

The DBT on the other hand requires the tv set to be on in order to navigate it. I find the sound far superior over streaming via the AVR even though the same DAC is used. The fact that the DBT support multi channel FLACs (ripped SACDs & DVD-Rs) and the AVR not says it all. That it reduces jitter to a minimum by accepting an async IP stream but feeds in synced into the AVRs DAC using HD-link does the rest for me.

So I experience improved transport and got rid of the CD cabinets.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcrime66  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23165100


That is correct. For 'casual' streaming the AVR works best. I use it with DeRemote so the tv is off anyways. No need for artwork though it's there.

The DBT on the other hand requires the tv set to be on in order to navigate it. I find the sound far superior over streaming via the AVR even though the same DAC is used. The fact that the DBT support multi channel FLACs (ripped SACDs & DVD-Rs) and the AVR not says it all. That it reduces jitter to a minimum by accepting an async IP stream but feeds in synced into the AVRs DAC using HD-link does the rest for me.

So I experience improved transport and got rid of the CD cabinets.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you figured out a way to move back to the previous screen when playing a track. Backward navigation just does not work for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrecording  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23139883


Ron, I am in Canada as well.

I have an Oppo 95 plugged directly into my amp's and I love the stereo sound. I am now looking at going multi-channel, and I have been considering moving up to a 103 and an Emotiva processor, but the 4520 and 3313 have been in the back of my mind as a perfect match.

Can you tell me how you decided on what you got and what other equipment you considered.

I would want this combo as a catch all; mostly SACD audio and H.T.

Thanks in advance for any information you can pass on.
I have the DBP A100 connected via DenonLink4 to the AVRA100 and made SQ comparisons of well-recorded/HiRes stereo and MC music vs an Oppo 83SE via HDMI and stereo analog.

My room has no formal acoustic treatment so greatly benefits from DSP RC and I love what Audyssey MultEQXT32 does (I also use the Audyssey Pro kit for even better SQ). DenonLink yields improved SQ vs Oppo for audiophile critical listening for RBCD, DVDA and SACD-so I sold the Oppo to partly offset the expense of the Denon player.


BTW, I tried an Emo MC processor some time ago and though it was clean as a preamp, the EmoEQ at the time sucked. They also had ongoing reliability and FW functionality issues such as improper bass management. The Emo was returned within 30d return period. I have not kept up with their latest development efforts.I like their XPA5 amp-nice power and SQ for the price.


IMO the main advantages to using 4520 and 3313 combo is

1. Audyssey MultEQXT32

2. the DLHD jitter-free connection

3. Audyssey-Pro capable


However, I think that the Oppo 103 is no slouch and who knows, it may come pretty close in SQ when connected to the 4520 via HDMI as it supposedly has it's own internal jitter-reduction technique. At only $500 it dseems like a good value especially given cutting-edge features for streaming, an HDMI input, Oppo reliability, and great CS/FW updates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23166905


Have you figured out a way to move back to the previous screen when playing a track. Backward navigation just does not work for me.

Got it!


Found it out through the official iOS Denon app but works the same via your remote. In the app go to the Player screen and hit Start. My app in in Dutch. I take it it's Start in English too.

Usingbyou remote hit Home and choose the Media Player. That simple. You'll take of where you last started playing.

While you navigate music continues. I think we have what we need.


Enjoy!


Cheers,

Michael


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcrime66  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23171513


Got it!


Found it out through the official iOS Denon app but works the same via your remote. In the app go to the Player screen and hit Start. My app in in Dutch. I take it it's Start in English too.

Usingbyou remote hit Home and choose the Media Player. That simple. You'll take of where you last started playing.

While you navigate music continues. I think we have what we need.


Enjoy!


Cheers,

Michael


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Michael. It would be easier if you could just use the back key, which I believe is the spec. You in effect have to go out and come back in which is less than convenient. Navigation works fine on the AVR but not the DBT for some reason. Not to mention you get album art on the receiver too. But frustrating really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I see your point. I don't mind the navigation nor the album art...I'd really like it to play truely gapless like the AVR. Still I'm really happy with the total value I get from the set. I've listening to some remastered CD as well as SACDs & DVD-Rs and I'm repeatedly stunned by the sound. Audyssey gave me a hard time at first but once setup to my liking it doesn't stop to amaze me what sound quality you get for its price.


Cheers



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1usedcomp  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23188846


I don't see an option to set DSD or PCM for sacd playback

Check page 57 of the English manual. A table shows all possible output. Under *2 on left it tells how to select between the two.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by venon1313  /t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23198552


Denon dbt 3313 manual says that the device only supports FAT and FAT32. Yesterday I tested a NTFS external drive and worked just fine. Very nice!
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
A USB keyboard works fine too. Good for youtube/netflix search. It would be nice if there was a command that stops the comunication between the unit and the external drive, so I could connect the keyboard without having to turn the unit off. According to the manual, it's not a good idea connect or disconnect the external drive when the unit is turned on. I read somewhere that Oppo suggests when you turn off the player you should wait at least 30 seconds to turn it on again. It is kind of annoying I have to turn the unit off, disconnect the usb drive, wait 30 seconds, connect the keyboard and turn the unit on again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Nice! I don't have the gear available to test but could it be an option to connect a tiny but powered USB bridge to the DBT and connect both the keyboard and HDD?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Page 9 of the manual says "USB memory devices will not work via a USB hub". If the manual is right, it's not possible to use a hub.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
just ordered this blu ray player, and the denon 4520 to go with it. subscribed and look forward to posting once i get it setup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Hello - My apologies.


I thought it was the Denon BDP-3800.


I didnt even know that there was a Denon 3313 blu ray player.


I have a Denon 3313 reciever but wasnt aware that there is a blu ray player by the same numb code.
 
41 - 60 of 419 Posts
Top