AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a Denon AVR 3808CI receiver. I noticed that Abes of Maine has a very good price and their ad says "All products are Brand New and include every manufacturer supplied accessory and USA Warranty unless stated otherwise." They are also including a 3 year repair tech warranty.

I have purchased some high end photo equipment from them in the past with no problems. I know that they are not listed as an "official" dealer on te Denon site. If they are not a dealer, how do they get new equipment to sell, and would you be satisfied with their 3 year warranty if Denon would not service the equipment directly?

·
Registered
616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR_GA /forum/post/14163158

I am considering purchasing a Denon AVR 3808CI receiver. I noticed that Abes of Maine has a very good price and their ad says "All products are Brand New and include every manufacturer supplied accessory and USA Warranty unless stated otherwise." They are also including a 3 year repair tech warranty.

I have purchased some high end photo equipment from them in the past with no problems. I know that they are not listed as an "official" dealer on te Denon site. If they are not a dealer, how do they get new equipment to sell, and would you be satisfied with their 3 year warranty if Denon would not service the equipment directly?

6 ave is authorized dealer and if you CALL and say you are a AVS forum member you will get a great price, less than the refurbs on Dak Mart. Their pricing given on the phone is much lower than listed, besides you get a Denon warranty that is VALID...

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR_GA /forum/post/14163158

They buy the products from dealers who need to convert inventory to cash, sometimes below cost. It is called the gray market. The problem with an unauthorized warranty is that the servicer may not be able to get proprietary parts to fix a unit. As you know, that is a serious problem with third party service in the camera business.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterryo /forum/post/14163303

6 ave is authorized dealer and if you CALL and say you are a AVS forum member you will get a great price, less than the refurbs on Dak Mart. Their pricing given on the phone is much lower than listed, besides you get a Denon warranty that is VALID...

My HK has died and I'm looking hard at the Denon 4308CI. I just called Abe's on this, they said they don't know anything about specials for AVS forum members.

Is there someone specific we have to ask for who's clued in?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMaxx /forum/post/14164463

I just called Abe's on this, they said they don't know anything about specials for AVS forum members.

sterryo said it's 6th Ave that gives deals to AVS members - not Abe's.

Ed

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMaxx /forum/post/14164463

My HK has died and I'm looking hard at the Denon 4308CI. I just called Abe's on this, they said they don't know anything about specials for AVS forum members.

Is there someone specific we have to ask for who's clued in?

Reread the thread, the special is at 6ave

·
Registered
12 Posts
My bad. Slow down and read more carefully...

fyi: Abe's is more than $100 less than 6th's 'forum member special' price and includes a 3yr warranty.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts