AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent some time browsing this forum, reading the owners manual, and google before I posted this.

Here is my layout, and here is what I want to do:

PS3, Denon DHT-591BA, Panasonic P50G20 ... I want to run the cable signal (HDMI) and PS3 (HDMI) through the receiver to the TV. My intention is to be able to watch TV and play PS3 with the option to play sound through 5.1 -OR- just through TV (at night, or when wife is just watching TV).

I plugged everything in, turned on the components ... I get cable & PS3 video but no audio to just TV.

I would like to be able to watch TV with audio to the TV -WITH- the receiver in standby mode?

Is this possible to do with the 591? If so how do I do it

If not, what is the best way to have to option to PS3 or watch TV with the ability to chose to have audio come through TV speakers -OR- reveiver?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1349 /forum/post/19584702

I would like to be able to watch TV with audio to the TV -WITH- the receiver in standby mode?

Is this possible to do with the 591? If so how do I do it

If not, what is the best way to have to option to PS3 or watch TV with the ability to chose to have audio come through TV speakers -OR- reveiver?

Thanks

Hi Phil1349, its possible by setting HDMI Control to ON. Then set the HDMI Standby Source setting to either "Last" (last source selected before the 591 is placed in Standby) or choose one of the HDMI Input jack you want. This will allow the audio/video of HDMI sources to pass through the 591 when it is in Standby (see page 48 in OM).

Also just a note that you cannot select which HDMI source to pass while in Standby.

For more info on your 591 see here .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts