AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a living room and kitchen next to each other in great room style with no walls separating. The living is 19ft x 13 ft and the kitchen is 19ft x 10 ft.

based on some previous threads, I was thinking of getting denon DHT-591BA setup and be using it in a 3.1 setup for now (cannot have rear speakers , even wireless ones for couple of reasons). I am not a audiophile will mostly use it for TV, music, DVD & xbox.

Do you think Denon DHT-591 with the boston acoustic speakers be enough for this setup? My budget is max $600 would prefer it to be

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The only thing that needs to be fairly 'big' is the subwoofer which will reproduce most of the bass content, relieving the smaller front speakers of this allowing them to play louder. In all hosenty, subwoofers of that caliber needed to fill a space that size alone would eat up your budget so it's a compromise all around. To answer your question, there's NO new 3.1 system that can fill that size space for $600 or less, but you can get the most out of that budget and be happy in not spending more. Simply learn to live with the accepted trade-off.

At this price point, i'd allocate no more than 1/3 the budget for the AVR

The DENON 391 is a great choice for less than $200
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-391-...2107227&sr=1-1

For speakers, you'll have to better define the platform you prefer and the intended mounting type or location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.