AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I was searching net to find a hack for my Denon DVD-1600 to make it region free. Is there a firmware or hack for it to make it region free. And I also see people ugrading firmware. I believe mine has origional firmware, what differences I should expect with the ugrade?

·
Registered
28,087 Posts
There is no remote control hack or firmware upgrade that can make this player region-free, to my knowledge. You will have to pay to have the player physically modified by someplace like JVB Digital.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, no way ha? I have to get another player? which one should I get. I heard DVD-2910 or 3910 are both reagion free, and are great DVD and CD players with even better chip then mine. per the reviews

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
May I suggest using the serach engine with search words "region" or "code" and you'll get a lot of threads on the topic. Also videohelp.com is a good site for region free discussions.

Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rboster, i did search the forum and the website u mentioned, but could not find anything on cracking the code on dvd-1600

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I'm talking about other suggestions for region free players, not the 1600. This topic has come up fairly often and you may find a player that would fit your needs in a previous thread...though we have no idea what your "needs" are (since you haven't given any details) other than ability to play other region's dvds.

Ron

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm using the panny upscaling dvd player and a sony digital projector. some dvds fill the screen either with image or letterboxed image and others, once you get past the menu have to be zoomed in on and leave a faint amount of light around the edges that spills off the screen. is this particular to the way the dvds are made? pk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.