AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm buying a DVD player this week. I've been reading for about a month and a half now and I still can't decide. Maybe you guys can help me. Obviously I want the best quality for the best price. DVI is the next step in digital video reproduction but the current crop of players (dont' know much about the Momitsu) doesn't seem to be well made. I know Jim Noyd has said that the current shipping D1s are all problem free and checked, but I haven't heard anyone confirm this. So, my question to you all, is for my TV a Sony 32" HDTV CRT, should I go with the Denon 1600, which costs a bit more than the DVI players but seems to have no problems (if there are, someone please say something), or should I spend less and risk it with the D1/931 for better PQ? Will there be a difference on a 32" ? Will it be discernable? I've read the threads on tweaking and changing the loaders on the D1s...and frankly, that's not for me. So if anyone can confirm that the "new" or "current" shipping D1s are problem free, please post. Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had a Denon 1600 for 3 months now and have had no problems at all. There is sometimes an instant of digital noise when it switches layers but not always and this is the only drawback I've found. I don't have an HDTV, however, so you might want to wait for feedback from someone who does. Plays CDs very well. Don't have a multichannel system so can't talk about its DVD-A capability.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. DVI or Denon 1600.

What gets me is the Movies industry copyright ruls prohibiting DVD players from upconverting out the Componet Video port (they only allow you to do it out a DVI port on the Bravo and Samusung).

QUESTION IS WHY:

They must be thinking that the 720p/1080i upconvert is SO GOOD that they must stop it from going out Componet video as someone may copy a movie or something.

If they think this and prohibit it, then the DVI must be better than the Denon 1600.

Or is this all just politics and the Denon 1600 is better.

I do not know what to do, I too have been reading all posts for over a month.

I have a new Sony 65" RPTV HTD 65wu600

What should I do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.