AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears the Denon specs out better with DVD S/N and Dynamic Range compared to the Samsung HD-931. Should the Samsung still be a better choice for PQ over the Denon 2900 (video only) because of the DVI out feature?

Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DThiel
It appears the Denon specs out better with DVD S/N and Dynamic Range compared to the Samsung HD-931. Should the Samsung still be a better choice for PQ over the Denon 2900 (video only) because of the DVI out feature?

Thanks.
First of all, if you're shopping for a new DVD player, I would susggest you to wait a few weeks or couple month for other menufactures's DVI enable players. Currently (As of today), there is no perfect DVI player out right now. the currently avaliable DVI players, all have problems, ie DVI enable sigma 8500 chipset, hd931, even the $2K 5900.

To answer your question, IMHO I would perfer DVI over component. When I was shopping for a DVD player (I've HD-931, but the picture quality was grainy, and I was on for another DVD Player) 2200 and 2900 was on my list. I compare 2200 and 2900, the picture about the same, it was soft, but just not as detail as the 931 @ 720p via DVI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.