AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the DVD 2900. It sounds good and looks good. I have emailed Denon 3 times on this issue and although I'm sure they are great they have not responded so I'll try here.

I understand the crossover (in multi channel). I understand the speaker distance settings (and levels). Does the bass management apply to SACD?

There seems to be some confusion as to whether the crossover settings, delay, and etc apply to SACD.

The Outlaw folks (950) seem to think that unit will not do Bass Management for SACD.

What gives? Also, if someone has a good handle on the Bass Enhancer/Filter issue (ie what they do) that would help, too!

·
Registered
802 Posts
The Denon website, offers a pdf of how this works. Search under DVD players, scroll down to the 2900, look for the second notation.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The 5900 will do bass management for SACD but it will not do Timing/distance compensation for SACD. It will do both bass management and timing/distance compensation for DVD-A.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
I have ordered a 2900 from GG and 2200 from crutchfield, will see!!

BTW, any one who compared both, how they compare on settings with AVIA, same or diff?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.