AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have the Denon DVD-755 and recently purchased a lightscribe DVD burner for my PC. My question is to anyone that owns this Denon DVD player: Can you play Lightscribe DVDs on your player? The spec sheets on some websites state that it just plays DVD-R/-RW, yet the amazon.com specs say it plays DVD+R, which is the only format available for lightscribe DVD discs.

I have lost my box that the player was in, so I can not refer to that. It is not available on the manufacturer's website in their DVD player seciton seeing as how it is outdated now. I would like to know a definitive answer before I order a bunch of DVD+R lightscribes. Thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I went and bought some DVD+Rs so I'll let anyone else know that was wondering

No, it does not play DVD+R... totally lame. Thank god my 360 does.

Update: The first one I tried was a Region 5 DVD, which did not work, yet worked in my xbox 360 and the old upstairs dvd player... Now, I tried Saw III (region 1) on the Denon and it worked! I am guessing for some reason that was the cause but I doubt it... Hm, odd. Either way, the DVD-755 states it only plays DVD-R but that is not the case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.