AVS Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 3670 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/16577034

There are still quite a few audiophiles that will appreciate the analog stage of this unit.

If I was to get this player I would be using it mostly for Bluray and for cd's utilizing the fully balanced outputs with my Halo P7 pre-amp. I would still use my Integra 10.5 universal player for sacd & dvd-a's as I am very happy with how it sounds with those disc's both in stereo & multi-channel. Originally I was looking at this unit as a one box solution to play all my disc's

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/16576733

The image will be stretched. Some people don't mind it though.

I know I would not like that. If I was to get this player it would be because of the analog section of this player. I am actually very happy with how cd's sound on my 3800 but with fully balanced two-channel outputs and audiophile quality dacs I would think that would result in sound improvement. Whether or not you would be able to hear that difference is another thing.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 /forum/post/16579012

If I was to get this player I would be using it mostly for Bluray and for cd's utilizing the fully balanced outputs with my Halo P7 pre-amp. I would still use my Integra 10.5 universal player for sacd & dvd-a's as I am very happy with how it sounds with those disc's both in streo & multi-channel. Originally I was looking at this unit as a one box solution to play all my disc's

I would think you'd give the A1 a shot at those other formats, too, as long as you had one. And I'd be surprised if you didn't prefer it, but who knows?

How's that P7 working for you?

·
Registered
441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/16576733

The image will be stretched. Some people don't mind it though.

I checked on the Denon USA website for this player and downloaded the specs and it does state in the fine print that a front projector with anamorphic lens is necessary- so unfortunately this feature will not be useful to anyone other than front projection owners!

·
Registered
590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish /forum/post/16579651

I checked on the Denon USA website for this player and downloaded the specs and it does state in the fine print that a front projector with anamorphic lens is necessary- so unfortunately this feature will not be useful to anyone other than front projection owners!

so that means it cuts off the sides?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S /forum/post/16578102

LPE427Fbird;

You must have the A1 by now, quit keeping us in suspense, what's she like

yes, it came in yesterday. I haven't had a change to hook it up yet (that free $275 hdmi cable is due to arrive via UPS today). I plan to pull out the pioneer 51fd tonight & place the a1 in, and hook up the DL4, hdmi, 8 channel rca, and 2 channel xlr cables to it as well.

as for testing, i'll try to at least try a few titles...most of that testing will probably come this weekend while my other half is out of town...

yeah movies!!! yeah beer!!!

·
Registered
2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPE427Fbird /forum/post/16580117

yes, it came in yesterday. I haven't had a change to hook it up yet (that free $275 hdmi cable is due to arrive via UPS today). I plan to pull out the pioneer 51fd tonight & place the a1 in, and hook up the DL4, hdmi, 8 channel rca, and 2 channel xlr cables to it as well.

as for testing, i'll try to at least try a few titles...most of that testing will probably come this weekend while my other half is out of town...

That's AWESOME!!!
HUGE congrats! I can't wait to hear your impressions, and see some pics of that beauty.

Seth

·
Registered
19,397 Posts

Quote:

yes, it came in yesterday. yeah movies!!! yeah beer!!!

Congrats LPE427Fbird. I know it's been a loooong wait. I'll join you in a few beers to toast this most excellent player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 /forum/post/16580403

That's AWESOME!!!
HUGE congrats! I can't wait to hear your impressions, and see some pics of that beauty.

Seth

I agree with Seth...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk /forum/post/16579528

I would think you'd give the A1 a shot at those other formats, too, as long as you had one. And I'd be surprised if you didn't prefer it, but who knows?

How's that P7 working for you?

I would certainly do that. I never thought that I would be using my 3800 so much for cd's but I have been preferring it to my Arcam CD192 player. I have heard good things about Denon's 5910 universal player so if the A1 is as good as the 5910 I'm sure it will be good with sacd & dvd-a. I would be using the analogs. The P7 paired with Halo A52 amp has actually been sounding great with the 3800 and my universal player, but I was coming from just using an Arcam AVR300 which I don't beleive was driving my speakers (Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands) to any where near their potential.

·
Premium Member
23,904 Posts

Quote:

Yes!! finally, we need to see pics. Lucky,lucky,lucky

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/16581727

Yes!! finally, we need to see pics. Lucky,lucky,lucky

i'll try to get some pics tomorrow night...

I did mange to get it put into its place and hooked up...tried watching the first few minutes of "master & commander"...looked great!!! i'll have more details & such in the next few days as time allows...

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPE427Fbird /forum/post/16581927

I did mange to get it put into its place and hooked up...tried watching the first few minutes of "master & commander"...looked great!!! i'll have more details & such in the next few days as time allows...

congrats man!!

hey forget the movies--what about the analog audio--do you have any other machines to compare hi res audio over analog?

·
Premium Member
23,904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPE427Fbird /forum/post/16581927

Would you say the load up time is quick?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denophile /forum/post/16581975

congrats man!!

hey forget the movies--what about the analog audio--do you have any other machines to compare hi res audio over analog?

ok... to preempt all the questions, here's the setup...

Denon AVP-A1HDCI preamp

Audio:

Adcom 7807 amp (7 ch, 300 w/ch), connected via XLR's...

Center: Polk CS-1000P

F L/R: Polk RT-2000p

S L/R: Polk RT-1000

SB L/R: Polk fx-1000

Sub #1: DefTech Supercube Ref

Sub #2: Sunfire True Sub Signature

Video:

AVP has 2 monitors connected. AVP output set to 1080p.

Monitor #1: Pioneer PDP-6020FD 60" plasma

Monitor #2: Pioneer Elite PRO-720HD 64" RPTV, AVP #2 output connects to DVDO Edge, Edge connects to PRO-720HD (Edge handles 1080p to 1080i conversion & cleanup).

A1UD connections:

Connected to AVP via HDMI, DL4, 8-channel RCA, 2 channel XLR.

Blu-Ray comparisons:

Sony BDP-S350 & Pioneer BDP-51FD to compare against.

Audio comparison:

Pioneer Elite DV-38A THX Reference DVD/DVD-A player. No SACD.

interconnects are mixture of Monster & AudioQuest...

i suspect someone will nitpick about something...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 /forum/post/16581448

I would certainly do that. I never thought that I would be using my 3800 so much for cd's but I have been preferring it to my Arcam CD192 player. I have heard good things about Denon's 5910 universal player so if the A1 is as good as the 5910 I'm sure it will be good with sacd & dvd-a. I would be using the analogs. The P7 paired with Halo A52 amp has actually been sounding great with the 3800 and my universal player, but I was coming from just using an Arcam AVR300 which I don't beleive was not driving my speakers (Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands) to any where near their potential.

Well, the 5910 is really an outstanding performer audiowise. I imagine the A1 will be at least a cut above that, especially with the balanced outs and new DACs.

I'm looking at an A52--glad to hear you like it. currently running Arcam AVP700/P1000 combo- A tad too laid back and polite.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Quote:

Excellent news, can't wait for the details and pictures too.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/16577034

There are still quite a few audiophiles that will appreciate the analog stage of this unit.

We need both version. Some peoples prefer to spent more money on the Prepro.

1021 - 1040 of 3670 Posts