Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

Is the Denon DVD2900 , available in the USA, as a PAL & NTSC progressive scan dvd player?. Also does anyone know if they are only 110v,

or 100-240v input?.

I am grateful of any help. Thankyou.

Regards

Juz

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
The 2900's remote control has a button to toggle between PAL and NTSC, so it looks like its setup to easily switch between the two.

As to it being only 110v, I don't know. Denon is distributed worldwide, therefore I would think that other voltages would be available. Have you checked the Denon site??

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi ,

Thankyou both for your help. I will check out the Denon site too.

Regards

Juz

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
It plays both PAL and NTSC natively out of the box. PAL progressive was available in a European firmware upgrade from Denon, although recently mfgred models should already have this.

The PAL-NTSC conversion isn't great, but if your TV is both PAL and NTSC capable, just fire it up. There is a menu setting or 2 to tell the player how to deal with PAL/NTSC formats.

I can't remember on the voltage, I don't believe the USA models have a switch. I don't know what the Australian models would be like.

·
Registered
673 Posts
IF you have a CRT based NTSC based display it does not work flawlessly. The entire image is shifted downward when playing PAL.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Yep, I still use my Malata for playing PAL discs. When I get a multiformat display, that will change.

longshankdvd has a projector that displays PAL natively, so for him it is (near?) flawless.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I am currently auditioning the 2900 with a veiw to replacing my 2800 mk1. The picture and sound are IMO far better with the 2900. However I was very dissapointed with the PAL presentation on my NTSC display (moved down too far) Is there a fix for this?, my 2800 was fine in this area. I also want to region hack it too as I have a large selecton of R2 DVDs, does any one know if there is a FW update to correct the PAL display shift which also includes making it Region free. If not I guess I will have to return it and look at a 3800.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.