AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a low end receiver to start off my home theater which will mostly be used for movies. I have a pair of JBL 130s and JBL 120 center that I'll be using for this. Don't have a sub yet. Just wondering if the only true differences between these receivers is the 2nd zone ability, wifi, and 7.1 vs 5.1? E300 is on sale for $200 at BB right now and the V575 is $350. Just trying to justify the $150 as I could easily run a Cat5e cable to the unit if that's the main difference. I'm only setting up a 5.1 set for now. If I got the Yamaha I'd look into adding 2 speakers in a different room but I've read it's just as easy and usually better to put Bluetooth speakers or something in that room instead and 2nd zone (especially with v575) doesn't work that well.

Again, not a big great setup, but I do want the ability to upgrade my speakers in the future...so if the V575 can power more, then id definitely want to go with that. I'm new to this so pretty uneducated, any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
90,290 Posts
The E300 can connect to a modem/router using another wireless router setup in "bridge" mode or you can also use PowerLine adapters which use the home's electrical wiring to connect the AVR to the modem. Also, the E300 can EQ a subwoofer whereas the V575 cannot, however, as noted it is only a 5.1 unit and cannot expand to either 7.1 or add Zone 2. You would need to step up to the E400 to get 7.1 or 5.1+Zone 2.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah like I said I can easily run a cable from my existing router to the receiver as they will be in the same room. I won't need a 7.1 setup in my current house so that will be at least 5 years down the road and I can get a new receiver then. So that's about the only differences? Leaning towards the E300 then. I will be using airplay on occasion...no difference there between the receivers right? As long as I can run an Ethernet cable to the Denon...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just saw the Denon E400 is also $350. Would you go Denon E300 at $200, E400 at $350 or Yamaha V575 at $350?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts