AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since the first one was close before I even had a chance to edit or tone down my response here we go.

I just added those few extras due to there is so many idiots out there that go out of there way to act like total tools.

And normall I am never that mean, I was just a bit pissed by these (&$%#%#) respone

Ok here we go

Purchased from an Authorized retailer?

Denon is still a giant company and reports even remotely similar to your experience are extremely rare still.

I would sure like to get their side of this story. What model AVR is this?

Best Buy is who I bought it from and yes there authorized retailer but are no help unless you have there warrenty, and its the base model unit with the 7 speaker package and DVD player . So theres nothing hooked up except a calble box that didnt come with the set up

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You have the same speakers hooked up to your new Yamaha, correct? If the speakers work properly with your new Yamaha, then they are not shorted out.

--Bob

yep same speakers the ones that came with the Denon Setup .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your original post is over the top and offensive. Try again without the profanity and rudeness, or expect your account to get suspended if you continue on this path.

We are not that kind of forum.

Kyser

Done

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a bit ticked that there not fixing there junk. go figure the only thing I dont buy with the three year warrenty and it breaks

if worse comes to worse just buy the same thing at BB and just return the broken one in the same day.

·
Read the FAQ!
36,654 Posts
Well there's nothing in it for the service center to give you the runaround. They do the work -- they get paid.

Obviously we don't know the history of your communications with them, nor what would make them think it makes sense to have someone show up at your place and look at your speakers.

If they are asking questions like this its likely either they've got a puzzle on their hands or they want to be sure the returned unit won't just fail again the same way.

Since they are asking about shorted speakers there are two likely scenarios:

1) The unit is working just fine in the shop. The most common explaination is that the outputs got shorted and the protective circuitry kicked in and has now come unstuck. You say the speakers and/or cables can't have been shorted, and thus there is a mystery.

2) The unit is broken in the shop, but with obvious signs of damage pointing to shorted outputs. You say the speakers and/or cables can't have been shorted, and again there is a mystery.

Now if they were asking you about the characteristics of your speakers there'd be another possiblity -- which is that their receiver can't safely drive such speakers.

But if you are telling them that the same speakers are working fine with your Yamaha, there's nothing more a service tech could do to confirm they aren't shorted out.

Another possibility is that they've actually had an unusual number of such failures and they are sincerely trying to collect more info as to just what is going on.

--Bob

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Why does Best Buy owe you anything after the 30-day return policy is up, and you didn't buy their extended warranty? We all roll the dice with such warranties. I, personally, refuse to buy them. But, I do know my risks, too. I do realize that there is a small chance that I'll have issues - sure, the chance is small, but it exists.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1) The unit is working just fine in the shop. The most common explaination is that the outputs got shorted and the protective circuitry kicked in and has now come unstuck. You say the speakers and/or cables can't have been shorted, and thus there is a mystery.

2) The unit is broken in the shop, but with obvious signs of damage pointing to shorted outputs. You say the speakers and/or cables can't have been shorted, and again there is a mystery.

Now if they were asking you about the characteristics of your speakers there'd be another possiblity -- which is that their receiver can't safely drive such speakers.

But if you are telling them that the same speakers are working fine with your Yamaha, there's nothing more a service tech could do to confirm they aren't shorted out.

Another possibility is that they've actually had an unusual number of such failures and they are sincerely trying to collect more info as to just what is going on.

The speakers I bought are the ones that came with the package. and they now work fine on the Yamaha amp.

but why should they expect me to pay for someone to come out and if I do decide who in the world do I call ??? do I waste more money on this POS.

Might just have them send it back and do the shady deal at BB , wich doenst matter to me I buy enough stuff there they can suffer this loss

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje /forum/post/0

Why does Best Buy owe you anything after the 30-day return policy is up, and you didn't buy their extended warranty? We all roll the dice with such warranties. I, personally, refuse to buy them. But, I do know my risks, too. I do realize that there is a small chance that I'll have issues - sure, the chance is small, but it exists.

because they make millions a year I only make 34,000 a year

that simple

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts

Quote:
go figure the only thing I dont buy with the three year warranty and it breaks

Wait until you buy the warranty and Best Buy still refuses to service it! I know 3 people who bought the service contract and NONE of them had their item fixed or replaced by BB (fortunately 2 of them got it fixed by the manufacturer). All the failures were not due to abuse either...

IMO I will never buy anything from Best Buy unless it's a DVD or CD.

I missed the first thread... I assume you called Denon and explained that Best Buy (an authorized service center) won't fix your unit?

·
Read the FAQ!
36,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled Man /forum/post/0

The speakers I bought are the ones that came with the package. and they now work fine on the Yamaha amp.

but why should they expect me to pay for someone to come out and if I do decide who in the world do I call ??? do I waste more money on this POS.

Yes that is very strange.

But then how will they know? I mean if you just tell them you have confirmed the speakers are not shorted, that's that, right?

These aren't something funky like powered speakers are they? I mean are they saying you should have sent the speakers back with the unit so that they can fix the whole thing as a set?

There's not a lot we can do to help since we can't speak to the people you are speaking with, but heck I'd ask them to put someone on the phone to explain just what it is they are trying to find out which isn't already proven by the fact that the speakers work fine with the Yamaha receiver.

--Bob

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Well if you look at this, that I just pulled off Denon's website you'll see that all Denon receivers have a standard 2 yr warranty. http://usa.denon.com/WebWarHOME-NEW-NS-406-Nov05.pdf . I once owned a Denon 3300 receiver and have since moved on to other brands but Denon is a very good brand. Let me see if I can explain how things work when you buy from places like BB&CC. First off you should have the 2yr warranty in the box. Places like CC&BB always tell people they only have a 90 or what ever day warranty so you but their extended warranty, this is how they make their money. Go to Denon's site get the contact number and contact them directly and don't even deal with BB http://usa.denon.com/ContactUs.asp . They will point you to service center in your area and everything will be fine.

Your beef isn't with Denon it's with BB if anyone and be polite, patient, and curtious and you receiver will be fixed.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Its amazing to me that anyone buys home theater products from Best Buy. Its equivalent to having a plumber work on your car transmission because he carries a wrench. There are enough specialty retailers out there that there really is no point in buying from BB or CC. Plus any company that has a website dedicated to them from upset customers is probably not the one to support.

http://www.bestbuysux.org/

A manufacturer like Denon who allows their products to be sold at every bad retailer like Circuit City, Best Buy, Costco obviously does not care about customer service and cares more about $$$$ and inventory turnover.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Did you know the when you buy any Arcam product including their receivers, if it fails within the first 30 days the manufacturer will personally send you, the customer, a $50 check with a letter of apology. Now that is standing by your product.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect /forum/post/0

Did you know the when you buy any Arcam product including their receivers, if it fails within the first 30 days the manufacturer will personally send you, the customer, a $50 check with a letter of apology. Now that is standing by your product.

The price of admission is slightly different here.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect /forum/post/0

One reason why I have their gear, they don't sound to bad either.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think I may stay away from Denon completely now due to my experiance with their customer service alone! I just got done dealing with them about my 3806...It seems that I got stuck with an early production model that doesnt support 7.1 pcm...only 5.1. I talked to a guy at their customer service and after him giving me tons of false info like "push the 7ch stereo button to get 7.1 pcm surround with movies" and telling me "the PS3 doesnt support 7.1 pcm audio" and that "there is no game or movie that is 7.1" he finally remembered about a firmware that was installed shortly after production that allowed 7.1 pcm. He said I could send it in but after waiting for weeks for a response from denon, I am affraid to send it in...I may never get it back! So...I asked for a serial # that the firmware started getting installed, since he checked mine to find out it was lacking it, and he responded to me with a rude comment about how he doesnt have a list...call myer-emco. I couldnt beleive this guy! All I wanted to do was return my 3806 for an updated one since its still within the time period but I cant get any serial #'s....I told him I will be calling his manager but....who knows if Ill get through.

Take care,

Brian

·
Registered
34 Posts
My own personal experience...(which is just one person's...no need for reductive assumptions):

-I enjoy the sound from my Denon.

-I'm less than impressed with the remote.

-I had a CS issue...called them, got put on hold for a long time...the person who finally helped me was courteous and helpful.

I've got no complaints.

·
Registered
563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhart /forum/post/0

My own personal experience...(which is just one person's...no need for reductive assumptions):

-I enjoy the sound from my Denon.

-I'm less than impressed with the remote.

-I had a CS issue...called them, got put on hold for a long time...the person who finally helped me was courteous and helpful.

I've got no complaints.

I also enjoy the sound...but not the customer service. Im glad it all worked out for you and I wish I could say the same for me. I guess I just got bad advice etc... from a BAD APPLE at Denon...

Take care,

Brian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.