AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Commit. Either BD or HD DVD. You can not milk the donkey forever. You are charging primo prices for SD units. Granted your audio is bar none, your video sucks compared to both HD DVD and Blu Ray. Just get with the program. One side or the other.

Do you guys really think you are getting the best picture and audio from your SD players? How much are you paying for them? Denon (and I own a 3910 as a CD player) needs to make a commitment. HD DVD or BD. Come on boys/gals...the party is fine just commit. Just a matter of time. You can't be charging primo prices for SD forever. If you are smart (Meridian) go HD DVD/they have. And Meridian has NOT recanted have they.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I bet Denon will wait on the sidelines to let this "war" play out.

The announcement of the pre/pro is something that I would be very interested in though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Misleading thread heading. It should be prefixed with "When Will" ... and then a question mark at the end.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbinet /forum/post/0

Commit. Either BD or HD DVD. You can not milk the donkey forever. You are charging primo prices for SD units. Granted your audio is bar none, your video sucks compared to both HD DVD and Blu Ray. Just get with the program. One side or the other.

Do you guys really think you are getting the best picture and audio from your SD players? How much are you paying for them? Denon (and I own a 3910 as a CD player) needs to make a commitment. HD DVD or BD. Come on boys/gals...the party is fine just commit. Just a matter of time. You can't be charging primo prices for SD forever. If you are smart (Meridian) go HD DVD/they have. And Meridian has NOT recanted have they.

I am going to just say that Meridian did make a statement about this. Please do a search and find it. In the interest of not starting another Meridian-war, I am doing to decline to characterize the statement.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
If Denon produced a dual format HD player with all of the other good things that they have in their DVD players they would clean up. I just hope they don't make a one sided HD DVD or Blu-ray only commitment. That would be a shame.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbinet /forum/post/0

Commit. Either BD or HD DVD. You can not milk the donkey forever. You are charging primo prices for SD units. Granted your audio is bar none,

Bar None? I had a 3910, so I'm not just blowing smoke; If you really want "bar none, then try a DAC1. Once you do, you'll really learn the true meaning of "bar none." And the best part is you won't need a high end CD/DVD player to achieve nirvana

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
DAC1? Details please?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.