AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running into a problem setting up my monoprice HDMI switch. I'm going from Source>Switch>Denon 2807 Receiver>TV

The problem is that in the Denon setup, I can't have HDMI 1 (where the switch connects in) selected for more than 1 function. If I set "TV" to HDMI1 it clears HDMI 1 from "DVD", etc.

Is there any way to force the receiver to accept the same input for multiple functions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
13,258 Posts
Other than the displayed text, why do you want to do that? I don't know any receiver that let you do that. It's not like you can configure different settings per input. That's the price you pay for external HDMI switch.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondi /forum/post/16951340

Running into a problem setting up my monoprice HDMI switch. I'm going from Source>Switch>Denon 2807 Receiver>TV

The problem is that in the Denon setup, I can't have HDMI 1 (where the switch connects in) selected for more than 1 function. If I set "TV" to HDMI1 it clears HDMI 1 from "DVD", etc.

Is there any way to force the receiver to accept the same input for multiple functions?

Thanks.

Does your Denon receiver not have a setting on it HDMI inputs labeled "all". I'm using a Monoprice 5X1 switcher with all my sources going to the switcher and then to input 1 on a Yamaha 2600 without any problems. Whenever I start whatever source I want to use with a Harmony remote it turns everything on and the led readout on the receiver reads "All" and its off and running. No problems at all with this configuration. Try assigning all of your sources to HDMI Input 1 on your receiver and make sure the output of the switcher is connected to that same input. All sources connected to the switcher.

·
Premium Member
91,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/16952709

Does your Denon receiver not have a setting on it HDMI inputs labeled "all".

Correct. It does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/16952709

Try assigning all of your sources to HDMI Input 1 on your receiver and make sure the output of the switcher is connected to that same input. All sources connected to the switcher.

As the OP indicated, Denon AVRs will only allow the use of one HDMI input per component/source connected (in this case the switcher is the source). The switcher will work fine for all connected sources, however, only one source name on the Denon can be used. The OP just needs to change the source name to "Switcher" vice DVD or HDP.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/16969089

Correct. It does not.

As the OP indicated, Denon AVRs will only allow the use of one HDMI input per component/source connected (in this case the switcher is the source). The switcher will work fine for all connected sources, however, only one source name on the Denon can be used. The OP just needs to change the source name to "Switcher" vice DVD or HDP.

Okay then, try this at input 1 of the Denon receiver re-name it All. Still connect all sources to the switcher, then from the switcher output one HDMI cable to that input 1. The Monoprice 5X1 switcher I'm using has an auto detect that uses the source that is up and you are using. All other sources on it are not lit. The source in use light goes to green. Now all of this is in use with a Harmony remote that is set-up to go to the source in use and output to Input one. The output from the switcher goes directly to the display. Have not had one problem with this set-up although it is a Yamaha 2600. Just received my Onkyo 876 yesterday and have not had a chance to replace the 2600 with it yet. With this one I'll be able to get rid of the switcher because it has all the inputs I need. Can't hurt for you to try this as it does make everything much easier for the family members that are not as into this hobby as myself. Good luck and I hope it works for you as it did for me.

Sorry Jd, just re-read your post entirely and you are telling him virtually the same as me with just different naming of his input on his receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts