AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the process of building a dedicated home theater room. My receiver that I currently have is a Denon AVR-887. I will be purchasing a Sony PS3 for the blu-ray player. I will mainly use this and a HD Direct Tv receiver. I have a set of KEF IQ7's for the front channels and KEF HTS5005.2 to complete the 7.1 set up. I was thinking of possibly upgrading my receiver if I need to. I would like to stick with Denon. Any suggestions on upgrading or is my receiver good enough for now? Also, what is the difference between the 3 digit Denon models and the 4 digit model numbers. Thanks

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
What markets they are sold in. Denon usually has exact equivelents in the two lines, Denon geads around here can spout which are exact equivelents off, off the top of their heads.

I see no reason to really change your current AVR. Legacy audio connections work just fine for most people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.