AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an avr-890 which has served to be a great machine for strictly home theater. 105 watts x7 running m&k 4ohm speakers. I like the idea of atmos even though there is not a lot of material yet and had my eye on an avr-x2200. A little less power but got great reviews and looks to be able to handle 4ohm loads. Is this going to be a vast improvement over the 890 that i own for 7.1 which most material is in currently?

thank you very much for your opinions.

·
Premium Member
88,980 Posts
I have an avr-890 which has served to be a great machine for strictly home theater. 105 watts x7 running m&k 4ohm speakers. I like the idea of atmos even though there is not a lot of material yet and had my eye on an avr-x2200. A little less power but got great reviews and looks to be able to handle 4ohm loads. Is this going to be a vast improvement over the 890 that i own for 7.1 which most material is in currently?

thank you very much for your opinions.
A 10W difference is moot. The bump from MultEQ (890) to MultEQ XT (X2200W) may provide some improvement in audio quality. Upgrade for the newer features you need.

The Atmos/DTS:X simulators are for more often used to simulate non-Atmos/DTS:X audio to the configured "height" speakers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am lucky...when I moved to 7.1 I had to put the side speakers in the ceiling which ended up ideal for atmos. Is atmos really a big difference over 7.1?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts