AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up my Denon AVR-S540BT to my Sony TV.

The TV is connected via the ARC HDMI port to the receiver. My AT&T TV box is connected to the receiver via the cable/sat HDMI port.

When I stream Spotify or other apps through the TV, the receiver lets me do all channel stereo which comes out of my 4 ceiling speakers.

But when I go from the apps on the TV to the actual AT&T TV feed, the receiver only gives me stereo or DDD and only on the 2 front speakers.

I'd love to get the TV audio to play on all 4 speakers. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

David Bean

·
Registered
28,660 Posts
try pressing left and right sound mode buttons on the remote at the bottom left. Should give you multiple sound options

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try pressing left and right sound mode buttons on the remote at the bottom left. Should give you multiple sound options
I've done that and it only gives me 2 options (stereo and DDD)

I tried pushing the TV Audio button on the remote and it turns the TV picture and sound off.

·
Registered
Sony STR-DE898, Chane A5.5, Hsu Research VTF-2 MK5, Sony BDP-S570, (more to come)
326 Posts
Have you checked the settings on the AT&T cable box for surround sound settings? It could be set to 2-channel stereo and not surround sound.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked the settings on the AT&T cable box for surround sound settings? It could be set to 2-channel stereo and not surround sound.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I just checked and it's already set to surround.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a similar issue with my new Sony OLED and my Marantz sr6007. I had to go into the settings of the tv and adjusted the audio output setting to auto 2. Output only compressed multichannel audio without change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts