AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem getting in touch with anyone that returns phone call at Denon concerning a repair problem with a DVM-4800 changer that has been at the Denon Recommended Authorized Service Center. They tell me that the unit's laser Traverse Assembly is still unavailable for them to get. I have waited over 2 months for this repair and am loosing patience with Denon over this. I call the number for customer service leave a message and that is it. I have sure spent a lot of money over the last 25 years with Denon including a new 5900 player. I do not appreciate this type of customer service. I find it strange that of all my owners manuals that Denon doesn't put phone numbers in theirs. Sony and Panasonic sure do?

Not really all that upset yet but I agreed to pay for the parts and repair as the unit was 15 months old and out of it's 1 year warranty. It was purchased from an authorized dealer. If anyone could help by providing a working number with real people whom could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks ,

Ken

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got this number from their site. It said this is Denon's offices.......310-974-1010

Also, here is a page to start at for emailing their different areas.....
http://www.usa.denon.com/contact/

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by emoxley
I got this number from their site. It said this is Denon's offices.......310-974-1010

Also, here is a page to start at for emailing their different areas.....
http://www.usa.denon.com/contact/

Good luck!
I've tried this nuimber about 4 times over the last couple of weeks. No one returns calls and the receptionist either cuts me off or tells me they are moving to Chicago in a few days?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
There is another thread about this titled "Re-furbished 3800's" (presently on pg.3). Then go to last page of this thread. They state that the parts first have to go through their Chicago office and then on to the repair centers. They say another 2 weeks. Must be a slow boat from China!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kaskoda
I am having a problem getting in touch with anyone that returns phone call at Denon concerning a repair problem with a DVM-4800 changer (...) a working number with real people whom could help I would appreciate it.
I'm in same boat with my unrepairable (by athorized service) Marantz SR5200 receiver, still under manufacturer warranty. Trying to get replacement or, at least, some service from Marantz. I wrote 5 letters since October (yeah, that makes me laugh myself), finally got (a month ago) a phone call from Marantz service, but since then even the person who called me does not answer the phone and does not return my calls. And no, she is not on vacation. So I'm back to snail mail, writing letter number 6...

Since the Denon and Marantz have joint operations, this might be of some help. Name of service manager at Marantz service I'm trying to reach is Sue Kubiak, her phone number (u-hu, the one she don't answer, but who knows you might be luckier) is 1-800-654-6633 extention 285. At least an operator (extention zero, if I remember correctly) at this number didn't cut me off so she might help you to contact Denon service manager if their service department are actually separate units.

I'm feeling like I'm about to send my receiver to my friend living in Chicago and ask him to dump the unit at the Marantz palace front door with large yellow-on-black poster "No repair. No service. Do not call. Made by Marantz."

It's a pity I wrote my first message to this great forum for such a lousy reason...

Regards,

Kostya

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought I would report that I finally did reach a person at Denon Customer Service. His name is Sonny Chong. He agreed to let me send my 16 month old unit back to Denon from their repair station and issued a R.A. code so that Denon would replace my complete DVM with another unit.

This is what they should have done if they knew the part on a production unit would be unavailable for some time. I guess it worked out finally after about 2 1/2 months.

Ken

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats.........

Persistance pays off! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.