AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have several questions and hopefully someone can answer them.

For the reader who's heard both the Marantz SR7005 and the Denon 3311 receivers, which has the best sound, features, etc.? Please elaborate.

Where is the best place to get a Denon AVR-3311 on line?

Will Denon be coming out with a new receiver in the 3311 price range in January, 2011?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm certainly not the expert, but the 3311ci and SR7005 are said to be nearly identical by many. That obviously makes the 3311 a better buy. Of course someone will come on here and say that the Marantz is better since it costs more. They both have the same basic feature set and nearly identical manuals however (look online).

Make sure you buy from an authorized dealer to retain the 3 year warranty. The 3311ci can be had for a very reasonable price from electronics-expo.com, 6ave.com and wwstereo.com (all authorized dealers) but you must CALL for their best pricing. Just ask for their best shipped price and if one of them offers you a lower price, the others will probably match it (in case one of them is out of stock). I'll give you a hint, the 3311 can be had from all 3 of these authorized retailers for LESS than the lowest price currently listed for a new unit on Google shopping and most of those dealers are not even authorized. Can you tell I've done this recently?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

if they are not an authorized seller, you don't have a warrantee...

·
Premium Member
93,204 Posts
Also ... beware that when purchasing from Amazon to check the "Ships from and sold by XXXX" because if the "XXXX" doesn't say "Amazon" there will be no warranty as Amazon is simply acting as a 3rd party advertiser. If the seller is an authorized vendor as listed in the above chart, then the warranty will still be valid. It pays to check though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off, Marantz 7005 is made in Japan, not China. It is a much higher quality unit, that's why it is almost $600 more. Interestingly, the Marantz 6005 model says it is made in China. Denon 3311, although similar to the 7005, is assembled in China. Go to Denon site and you'll see that an updated 3311, to be called a 3312, will be aailable in June for $200 less than 3311.(!) Patience, my brother.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Judge /forum/post/20306365

First off, Marantz 7005 is made in Japan, not China. It is a much higher quality unit, that's why it is almost $600 more. Interestingly, the Marantz 6005 model says it is made in China. Denon 3311, although similar to the 7005, is assembled in China. Go to Denon site and you'll see that an updated 3311, to be called a 3312, will be aailable in June for $200 less than 3311.(!) Patience, my brother.

It just seems like a big price difference for a made in Japan sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau /forum/post/20308377

yes browning, but not just owned by the same company,

here is the marantz sr7005

and the Denon 3311

not hard to work that out...

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Judge /forum/post/20306365

origin of assembly, while bandied about much, doesn't really matter... those of us of a certain age remember when no one wanted to buy anything "made in japan" either...

fwiw, "we" are pretty well satisfied that the 3311 and 7005 are close enough siblings...

as far as the pricing on the denon's... that's discussed at length in the "2011 new models" thread... it would seem as if d&m is finally getting their msrp in line with what street pricing was, and they plan on enforcing map...

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
To me the important difference is the MCH analogue input (absent in the Denon). However, the MSRP on the Marantz in Canada is 1900$ (don't know about the Denon, but I've seen the 991 "twin" in stores that typically post MSRP only on their display shelves at about half that). No way I'd pay 800$ for the MCH input alone (and as a MCH analogue input is a "must have" for me--the SR7005 is off my list).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not an expert but I have listen to both units numerous times with about 5 different speakers and various audio tracks and the marantz was the clear winner in sound. Yes the denon has more features which is frustrating, but if you want the best sound....the marantz is the way to go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.