AVS Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Hey guys,
Sorry for digging out this thread.
I got a Denon DSD-500. This device often has the same problem with the display which stops working. I disassembled the device but I couldn't find a fuse. I thought maybe it is the same problem. I also looked in the service manual where the circuit diagram is included. But I couldn't find any fuse... Maybe someone can help me since this is a common problem with this device...

Thanks

Hey guys,
Sorry for digging out this thread.
I got a Denon DSD-500. This device often has the same problem with the display which stops working. I disassembled the device but I couldn't find a fuse. I thought maybe it is the same problem. I also looked in the service manual where the circuit diagram is included. But I couldn't find any fuse... Maybe someone can help me since this is a common problem with this device...

Thanks
Post #57 mainly, post #50 (alternate soldering approach)

Great write-up!!!! I have the dead front panel on my x-1100w. Ordered 3 100ma Littelfuse 37201000411 before I ended up finding this page and the cap replacement. I cant find my solder sucker so ordered a new one. Had a question in regards to the cap ratings. I found one that pretty much matches the size indicated on the Denon TSB of 8.0mm diameter and 11.5mm height. There are a few other numbers I was unsure of or if they really matter. I found the 63v 47uf listed below. Will that work for what I need??

Thanks!!!

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/80-ESH476M063AG3AA

Which is the the right socket to work with the fuses I bought??

Socket

Socket 2

Fuses

Here’s what I used to fix mine

Capacitor:

Fuse holder:

Fuses:
or

I tried first to replace only the fuse, but after that blew again after a year and half I went ahead with the capacitor replacement per post #57. The issue is really the capacitor, so with that replaced I don’t know if you even need a fuse holder for fuse changes. I suppose why not, as long as you’re soldering.

Here’s what I used to fix mine

Capacitor:

Fuse holder:

Fuses:
or

I tried first to replace only the fuse, but after that blew again after a year and half I went ahead with the capacitor replacement per post #57. The issue is really the capacitor, so with that replaced I don’t know if you even need a fuse holder for fuse changes. I suppose why not, as long as you’re soldering.
Sounds good and thanks for the info. I compared that cap with the one on Mouser (since its in stock) and only differences I can see are ripple current and life. The one you showed is 121ma and 3000hr vs 155ma and 2000hr. Suppose that would suffice?

I've got an AVR-787, and the display just stopped working. Power button lights up green, and the speakers hum a bit, but I'm not hearing any sound from TV or Aux. Hard to tell if that is because I'm on the wrong output though. Does anyone know if the 787 has the same fuse issue as the 700s you guys have been fixing here? I can solder in a new one if that's my problem.

Hello! I'm new here and I've got to say the information you guys shared was exactly what I was looking for! I replaced my Denon AVR-X1100W receiver with a Sony because the display went out on the Denon. If only I had done some research beforehand! I just ordered parts to repair the Denon and will list them here like others have done.
From Mouser.com: fuse holder # 576-55900000001; fuse 160mA 250v series 372, # 576-37201600511
From Digikey.com: capacitor 220uf 20% 62v, #EEU-FC1J221S
The location of these items are the same as the other Denon's listed.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts