AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Panny XP-30/50 and RP82 solved this a long time ago. These Denons are so overrated. It is a joke. Not to mention you pay out your arse for What? Nothing that much better video wise. Biggest scam in the DVD player arena ever.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-b...deInt=0&mpeg=0

·
Registered
75 Posts
ummm, i'm a newb here but isn't it dependant on what chip is used ? The older Denons and Pannys used the older Faroudja. The Denon 1600 is ranked above the RP82 I believe, both were of the same generation. There are no new Pannys that compete with the new Denons and the upcoming S97 will use the same new Faroudja chip thats in the Denons sooooo... similar problems ? It is nice to hear that Denon does work on making their players better with upgraded firmware as well as talk with Kris who makes the benchmark.

btw, yes they are expensive but people also buy them for audio as well. And no one forces you to buy Denon so whats the big deal ? Its hardly a scam, they're still quality players and super fast compared to Pannys. If you don't like it, don't buy it, simple as that. Denons get praise for a reason and not everyone is bothered by it failing a few tests. More than half the people that buy Denons don't even know of the benchmark nor care.

·
Registered
16,166 Posts
Sorry, but you must be reading the Secret's report differently than everyone else. The 3910 and 5900 are the only players without a failed test on Auto 2 (they are borderline, not failing, on chroma; they do fail 2-2 cadence on Auto 1, BUT SO DO THE PANNY'S).

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

Yet another Denon troll by HoustonGuy. Dude, you *really* need to get a hobby that doesn't involve fondling your XP30. You'll *have* to once the motor finally dies from spindle failure and gives you nothing but "H02" in return for all your unrequited love...

·
Premium Member
10,546 Posts
HoustonGuy,

You need to buy a Denon 3800 and compare it to your Panasonic. I did and I'll never go back to my XP30. Secret's tests are only part of the story. Faroudja is minor league compared to Silicon Image for film. Silicon Image is minor league compared to Faroudja for video. I would get a Silicon Image based player if you mostly watch films. It is that simple.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
umr - You're wasting your time. HoustonGuy trolls the forum with Denon-bashing posts like this every month or so. He has no interest in real discussion. He seems to have some sort of emotional need to post about how good he thinks his Panansonic is and how crappy he thinks Denon players are in comparison.

Don't feed the troll...

·
Registered
15,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
Once again a denon bashing by houston guy, FIRST KRIS said all players including your pos panny has it look at his remarks on it, he thought it didnt but he found out it did so you once again are putting bs out to make people mad why dont you just go away and quite your dumb ignorant post. where is the perosn with the troll award when you need it?

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
I just PM'd that person with the troll award. ;)

Seriously, how does someone like HoustonGuy, who keeps doing things like this, have over a thousand posts and continues to survive around here?

Even I've seen this from him several times, without even looking for it. And it's not just confined to the DVD forum.

This reminds me again of an incident earlier this week, where someone posted an "opinion" then fled for the hills when directly challenged with a few simple technical questions. It speaks for itself everytime.

At least that person had the good sense to discontinue their membership and never come back. (Before getting banned anyways.)

I know HG threw this bomb out and will never return to this thread.

At the most, he's reading it now just for laughs, so hopefully he'll read this:

You have no credibility whatsoever and we're tired of seeing this nonesense from you. Gutless. Pointless.

If you really have a valid argument, I dare you and challenge you to get back in this thread, write it up, back it up, and finish it once and for all. I'm calling you out right here in front of everyone. Prove to us its more than banal fanboyism and Denon bashing. Save yourself here. I dare you!

I gurantee it won't happen. I think we should lobby to get him banned ASAP. I'll make a point of PM'ing the mods today about it, since this is a well known problem. I'm calling for a ban right now.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
i already contacted them and the mods need to stop these pointless post. like i said kris has said his beloved panny also has that problem so him saying they solved it wait a minute didnt denon steal from pannasoinc that cant be true can it? i also call you out and am sick of your denon bashing.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kris Deering
The Panny's have the same issue with 3-2 alt. chroma. Our new tests are more revealing.
Game. Set and Match. Or as the kids like to say: OWNED!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Q of BanditZ
Or as the kids like to say: OWNED!
Eric, Eric, Eric. It's now PWNED! :D

·
23,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dpippel
umr - You're wasting your time. HoustonGuy trolls the forum with Denon-bashing posts like this every month or so. He has no interest in real discussion. He seems to have some sort of emotional need to post about how good he thinks his Panansonic is and how crappy he thinks Denon players are in comparison.

Don't feed the troll...
He has about 5 of them. It will be awhile... :)

Quote:
i already contacted them and the mods need to stop these pointless post. like i said kris has said his beloved panny also has that problem so him saying they solved it wait a minute didnt denon steal from pannasoinc that cant be true can it? i also call you out and am sick of your denon bashing.
kevinca1,

If you don't agree with what he says, ignore him, or better yet, put him on you ignore list. If I had contacted the mods for every one of your pointless posts in the past where all you did was quote Secrets scores and contained no original content, their PM box would have overflowed. You've come quite a way since then till now. Trying to have HoustonGuy censored is a little heavy handed, don't ya think?

larry

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
larry first of all i do not start post like this. i quoted the secrets scores yes because they do show a great deal of info and they sure know alot more then you or i do. i do so to point out people saying that a player that scores way below is better then one that dont. houston guy has done this same kind of post for a long time now and it is denon bashing and he proves no points at all i had secrets scores to back me up. he also has started post about denon stold form panasonic which would be illegal and had nothing to back it up. he also has started many other post bashing denon so it is riddiculas and if i started post like this then i should be banned also. that being said since i also according to you do not post anyhtring to comtribute will banaish myslef.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.