AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am revamping my home theater. I can find a lot of information/spec on AV receivers regarding audio, but not much about video. I am very tech saavy, and what I would call a VIDEOphile. It is all about the picture for me. My ear is OK at best. By the time I choose a receiver with the ins/outs and features I want, I am sure to have enough audio quality to satisfy me.

So... Which is better for Video Quality? I am currently looking at the AVR-X3000 vs. SC-71 - but completely open to other models/lines that would be best for my tastes.

Is the video quality in all AVRs the same? In all the Elites?

Where can I find more information on the scalers? (I will be outputting to a 4K TV).

Does it matter at all if I just pass through and use the TV scaler? (i.e. in pass through mode is there any processing at all?)

Do most people using the scaling in the receiver or TV (probably Samsung 2014 line)?

And of course, which has better overall video quality (Denon or Pioneer)?

Thanks!

-kt

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I'm not aware of receivers having any effect on video quality. This is an audio forum, by the way.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Plenty of websites refer to video capabilities of receivers. Try sound and vision. High end integra, onkyo tend to be cream if crop ISF video. Marantz, Pioneer and Denon all depend on the model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts