AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been running my x4000 (xt32) for awhile now, I have 7.1/2 setup. I used to run 7.2 but a 50ft rca cable got damaged and I just put my inuke into a different mode, no difference to me once calibrated as all subs are on the front wall.

Kind of looking at the arcam 380avr. Not sure if its worth switching though? I dont plan to do atmos, I have an onkyo txnr787 or 767 or some crap that id use if I was worried about atmos. I just want good sound and the arcam may have better sound quality?

·
Registered
28,465 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats exactly what has me thinking.

I do have a jvc rs420 projector that can do 4k e shift. The x4000 says its 4k passthrough but I cant get it to work. So I usually run a hdmi from my x800 bluray to the projector and then one to the receiver, however then I get audio delay. so my fix for that is just not watching much in 4k.

The arcam can hopefully do 4k passthrough without that issue.

The guy in that post replaced a pioneer VSX01THX though and not a denon x4000 which is already a pretty good receiver in most peoples eyes. So who knows if I would feel the same about the arcam as him.

·
Registered
28,465 Posts
The Arcam is a 2014 receiver and has HDMI 1.4.

You need HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 to pass copy protected 4K content. It will have the same problem as the x4000 with 4K.

·
Premium Member
88,039 Posts
Thats exactly what has me thinking.

I do have a jvc rs420 projector that can do 4k e shift. The x4000 says its 4k passthrough but I cant get it to work. So I usually run a hdmi from my x800 bluray to the projector and then one to the receiver, however then I get audio delay. so my fix for that is just not watching much in 4k.

The arcam can hopefully do 4k passthrough without that issue.

The guy in that post replaced a pioneer VSX01THX though and not a denon x4000 which is already a pretty good receiver in most peoples eyes. So who knows if I would feel the same about the arcam as him.
It could only until HDCP 2.2 was introduced with most 4k video. Now only the 2015 (ie. X4200W) and newer models can pass 4k/HDCP 2.2 video.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah that makes sense, and thanks for the heads up about it not working on the Arcam as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts