AVS Forum banner

9041 - 9060 of 9065 Posts

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Anyone have access to the engineers at KWGN?

Sometime between 12/18 and 12/19 the AFD flags for 31.2 (Antenna TV) were changed to indicate the content is 16:9.

On many 16:9 devices, content flagged as 4:3 within a 16:9 container can be zoomed or stretched, but content flagged as 16:9 within a 16:9 container cannot be.

Since all of Antenna TV's content is 4:3, this is somewhat annoying, and results in 4:3 content forcibly being stretched to 16:9 on many devices.

·
Registered
204 Posts
KCDO 3.1 is now advertising itself as "Local3", and it looks like it will air similar programming that KCDO used to air on 3.1, GRIT remains on 3.2. Programming looks like talk shows, KMGH news casts, some game shows. Not much different than what aired there before. "Local" just means KMGH newscasts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
FWIW - Light TV changed over the weekend to Grio TV on 10.1. From what I understand, all the LightTV stations flipped over to Grio programming and no longer exists as a network.

·
Registered
204 Posts
GrioTV is an OTA equivalent of BET.

ThisTV also switched to an MGM film oriented 24 hour movie channel.

Both channels are now owned by Byron Allen's Entertainment Studios.

FWIW - Light TV changed over the weekend to Grio TV on 10.1. From what I understand, all the LightTV stations flipped over to Grio programming and no longer exists as a network.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I am sure the audience is currently limited, but I am curious as to whether anyone with an ATSC 3 tuner has checked out the Dish associated Physical channel 2 virtual 34 signals lately. They have added a few things recently:
34.1HOPR
34.2ONPPV
34.3STDIO
34.4AUD 1
34.5AUD 2
34.6AUD 3

Ignore the links as they go to my local HDHR tuner. I can't lock any of them with the tuner on the antenna that it is now connected to. I can move it to a different antenna that has low VHF capabilities and lock 34.1, but am not sure it is worth the effort. Last I checked on that antenna HOPR and ONPPV were pretty useless. But I haven't checked the remaining 4.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
I'd be curious to know what's on those channels, though I doubt it's anything terribly exciting in any event.

- Trip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Friends, first post here! I used to watch Comet on 2.3 all the time but lost it right around Christmas. I still get 2.1 but not any of the other 2.x channels. What happened? Is there any way to fix this?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
In order to convert KWGN's RF 34 signal to ATSC 3.0 they moved their ATSC 1.0 channels to other signals, so you need to rescan:
2.1 KWGN is now on KDVR's RF 36 signal
2.2 Court TV is now on KUSA's RF 9 signal
2.3 Comet and 2.4 Charge are now on KMGH's RF 7 signal

·
Registered
7 Posts
In order to convert KWGN's RF 34 signal to ATSC 3.0 they moved their ATSC 1.0 channels to other signals, so you need to rescan:
2.1 KWGN is now on KDVR's RF 36 signal
2.2 Court TV is now on KUSA's RF 9 signal
2.3 Comet and 2.4 Charge are now on KMGH's RF 7 signal
I appreciate the response. I have rescanned multiple times and that is why I am perplexed. The rescan finds 2.1 but not 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4. I don’t understand because my understanding is that if I get 2.1, I should get the other 2.x channels.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
They no longer come from the same transmitter. 2.1 is on a UHF signal, the others are now on VHF signals.

If you're getting 7.1 but not any of the other 7.x channels, you're probably picking it up via one of their UHF repeaters and not the main VHF 7 signal. What kind of antenna do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So something really changed with the transmission then? That is really weird, I am so grateful that you spent the time to help me. Thank you so much, I will have to look into getting this kit.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yes, KWGN's RF 34 signal transitioned to ATSC 3.0, as part of that transition they had to partner with other stations so people who don't have NextGen tuners can still receive their channels. 2.1 is now on their sister station KDVR's UHF 36 signal, while their subchannels are now on KMGH's VHF 7 signal and KUSA's VHF 9 signal.

Since you said you only see 7.1 and not any of the other 7.x channels like Laff and Mystery, I'm guessing you're getting that via KSBS-CD's UHF 19 signal. KUSA also has a UHF simulcast via their sister station KTVD's UHF 31 signal. If you don't get their main VHF 9 signal, you're likely missing Cozi, True Crime, Quest and Circle.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
9.4 is the simulcast of KUSA from KTVD's UHF 31 signal

These are the stations that are on KUSA's VHF 9 signal:
2.2 CourtTV
9.1 NBC
9.2 Cozi
9.3 True Crime Network
9.5 Quest
9.6 Circle

These are the stations that are on KMGH's VHF 7 signal:
2.3 Comet
2.4 Charge!
3.3 Newsnet
7.1 ABC
7.2 CourtTV Mystery
7.3 Laff

These are the stations that are on KSBS-CD's UHF 19 signal:
3.1 Local 3 (Simulcast of KCDO)
3.2 Grit
7.1 ABC (Simulcast of KMGH)
10.1 The Grio
10.2 This TV
10.3 Jewelry TV

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you look very closely, when KMGH starts their 10 PM broadcast, you will see, at the bottom of the screen, all the stations thier signal is being sent from; it flashes up quick. They will be adding one more to cover eastern Boulder County, because despite all their changes, and additions, their signal still drops out in southwest Longmont on both RF7 and RF19

As for KWGN's subchannels moving to RF7, I thought it was not the greatest solution form the onset, because of RF7's weak signal, and not everyone has access to a VHF antenna. Many bough UHF only antennas thinking that the Digital conversion would only use UHF. 7, 9 and 12 stayed on VHF to start. Then came the great FCC signal sell off, and thus now Denver and Colorado Springs occupy, or soon will, VHF 2 - 13.

2 - KBRO - ATSC 3.0 Test channel
3 - K20KE-D
4 - KHDE-LD
5 - KRDH-D
6 - Analog Used as a FM radio station
7 - KMGH
8 - KRDO (Colorado Springs)
9 - KUSA
10 - KHDT-LD
11 - KQCK (Cheyenne)
12 - K27MA-LD
13- KBDI