AVS Forum banner

9101 - 9105 of 9105 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Lo-VHF on ATSC 1.0 is horrible. I thought I would see if there is a noticeable difference. Thanks for your input.
Well, I guees if you an antenna that is decent on low VHF, and you are pretty close, it is worth the try. Even if just to satisfy your curiosity.
One day I may swap the HDHR 4k back to the "good" antenna (for low VHF) just to see if they have made any improvements. It has been a couple of months since I checked.
If I do, I will post here with anything new.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can get it here from around 285 and Hampden. But only on my old VHF/UHF antenna that was cut for channel 2 and up. My high VHF/uhf, the Winegard HD7698P (a big ass , high gain high VHF and UHF antenna) up about 45 feet can't lock on at all using the Quatro 4k. I am only about 12 miles from Lookout Mountain and can see the towers from my roof. With the old 6 element maybe 4 foot long antenna up about 20 feet I get 65% Signal level and about 70% signal quality. Symbol can be 90 to 100%.
Which means that unless you have a decent antenna tuned for low VHF, you likely will not be able to get a useable signal at any distance much further away.

It is indeed several channels of nothing I care to watch
134.1HOPR
134.2ONPPV
134.3STDIO
134.4AUD 1
134.5AUD 2
134.6AUD 3
HOPR a loop of promos for the HOPPER device
STDIO some clips from concerts etc. May be full concerts, but it has not yet been good enough for me to watch for any length of time.
ONPPV promos of their pay per view content. NOT full movies (at least that I have seen)
AUD1 through AUD3. music from DISH network. Nothing I have found that I like.

I believe they are using these for testing ATSC3. Probably as an adjunct to their DISH service at some point. They are constantly screwing around with things.
They seem to be intermittent, and pretty crappy PQ/SQ overall, even in the best case.
If you never get any of them, I don't think you are missing anything significant. In any case, unless you are close and have a GOOD LOW VHF antenna, forget it.
Thanks for confirming all of this. It pretty much convinces me that I won't be able to get it south of Surrey Ridge.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What are others seeing on RF9 these days? I have RF7 coming in at 62% signal strength and 100% signal quality, but I haven't been able to tell there's a signal being transmitted on RF9. All of the other Lookout signals are good, except for RF9. I'm glad to have 9-4 on RF31 now more than ever.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm getting RF9 strong down south. Strong enough that i haven't checked a meter in a while. It does have several subchannels as well, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.5 and 9.6. As was mentioned earlier, the 9.7 Twist must be co-channeled with the 9.4 source.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I finally got KRDH-LD RF5 and noticed that 5.3 has flipped from Cheddar to BeInSportsXtra (in 480). That channel has a lot of great international soccer and also other European sports. Hopefully they bump up to 720p (that's what BeIn is in most OTA markets). I also noticed that KETD 53.2, the news channel from Estrella TV, is broadcast in 720.

9101 - 9105 of 9105 Posts