AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday and today (Sunday) I have had signal fluctuation for KRMA-DT channel 18 and KMGH-DT channel 17. FOX KDVR-DT channel 32 has a steady signal.

On my Echostar 6000 with 8-VSB Module the two low power stations come in and out. KMGH shows a picture it pixilates and then drops out and returns. KRMA shows varying signal strengths and no picture.

I wonder if this could be due to the smow and rain we have had in Denver the past few days. Prior to the storm both stations came in fine.

Oh! to have a full power station for KRMA and KMGH like FOX channel 32.

I hope my reception improves. I have not had any problems since I got my first Mitsubishi HD-1080 HDTV receiver in October 1999. Up until now I had no problems with my 8-VSB module to my Exhostar 6000.

Just thought I would post in case others in Denver were having the same problem.

------------------

Hot

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I live in Highlands Ranch, I've noticed that KRMA's signal is hard to lock onto. They must have something technical going on with their antannae. I can usually get their signal with TV rabbit ears, I can't even get a lock on it with my external UHF antennae. KMGH comes in just fine for me.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Greg T:
I live in Highlands Ranch, I've noticed that KRMA's signal is hard to lock onto. They must have something technical going on with their antannae. I can usually get their signal with TV rabbit ears, I can't even get a lock on it with my external UHF antennae. KMGH comes in just fine for me.
I will check with KRMA on Monday to see if they have a problem. KMGH is locking sometimes and I am close to the transmitter.

Thanks.

------------------

Hot

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KMGH-DT cxhannel 17 is now locked and coming in fine. KRMA-DT channel 18 is still not locking.

------------------

Hot

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called KRMA this morning. I was told they are having a problem with their digital transmitter and are working to fix the problem.

My receiver is not the problem.

------------------

Hot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.