AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm interested in the Stewart Ultimate 4-way and have checked out the dimensions on the Stewart site. I haven't seen the dimension for distance of the frame/motors or actual distance of screen from wall/mounting point, and I'm interested in these dimensions. Could someone that has this type of screen provide these details?

Thanks,

David

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
I have the horizontal masking ScreenWall and it measures 5.25" deep (the screen surface is 1.5" from the front of the frame)...I can't image that the 4 way is much deeper (if at all) than that. Stewart can e-mail you a .pdf file that contains detailed measurements, etc.--they have great customer service. Give them a call or send them an e-mail.

·
Registered
27,144 Posts
Be prepared for an approx. $4K up-charge to add the 4:3 masks!

I downsized (and down-priced) to the Stewart 2-way Horizontal Masking system and will use powered curtain rod (Makita) for 4:3 masking. That's alot of dough for 4:3 nirvana!

Good luck!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Chatty Cathy here, (three posts in one day).

In profile it's like this:

The front plane of the frame, sticking out furthest from the wall, is 5.75 inches from the mounting surface (your wall). The plane of the projection surface is 2.5 inches back from the front plane of the frame. That means that the plane of the screen fabric is 3.25" from the surface upon which the system is mounted. If I was a little smarter, there would be a link here to a drawing. If you send me a P.M., I will try to remember to read it, then fax you a drawing and scan of the unit. When I first came to this forum, I didn't realize there were mailboxes here, and a couple people had unread messages in there for me, for a few months.

:D oops!. And thank you very much for the interest in our products!

Mark Robinson

Stewart Filmscreen Corp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.