AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two year old 30" Loewe Aconda that has worked splendidly until two days ago, when, mid-program, it made four or five scratchy staccato arcing noises in rapid succession and shut itself off. When I try to turn it back on, it makes the same sounds again very quickly, before any light appears in the display, and shuts itself off again.

This doesn't sound so good, and it doesn't look like anything at all.

It's under warranty but service may be very slow. Based on this description does anyone have any idea what's going on and how serious this may be?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I don't know of a Loewe 30 inch, that is named Aconda which is the 38 inch model(40 advertised in Europe), I believe you have a Loewe, when the tube goes off does it go *bright* when going off, this would indicate your tube was gone. If there is no brightness then it is something else that has gone bust in the highly 'touted' Loewe product.

Time for a dealer service call, use your warranty. I on the other hand have a RCA F-38310JX4 with the same 38 inch picture tube that has over 14,000 hours on the odometer! Every thing is just fine, the reason it has so much time; is that I can't work and use it for internet browsing and DVD player watching.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hob. The tube doesn't go bright now, it doesn't go on at all let alone go bright when it turns itself off. I wasn't there when it first failed so I don't know what it looked like at that moment.

It's definitely an Aconda; Loewe came out with the 30" Aconda before it came out with the 38". I don't know if they're still marketing it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
D.

The Q2400 Chassis is known to have issues with the high voltage regulator, which not only can cause PQ issues but also can lead to shorts and other electrical unhappiness in the chassis. This, unfortunately, means that you most likely have about $800 of fried motherboard sitting inside the TV.

The only problem you should have is getting through to Loewe Opta (1-866-LOEWE-US), as you actually talk to a real human being for all warranty claims. I've made warranty claims on my set already, and the guy at the other end of the phone, though clearly covering up the fact that Loewe MUST know this is a problem, was very helpful and promptly sent a couple of replacement boards to the local dealer I bought the set from (my TV didn't get fried, I just called regarding the non-working "panorama" mode on the 480p component input). Now if only the dealer would actually get the hell out here and replace it.

So exercise that 2 year in-home parts and labor warranty which, hob, costs nothing ;).

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.