AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running DeScaler since back in the dTV days and have had only minor problems with it. All in all it's an awesome program and many thanks to all involved with it's development!

The problem comes in here--- I just re-formatted my hard drive and put a fresh version of Win2K pro spk2 on it (the same as before). But only now when I run DeScaler I get no audio. I am running an ATI TV-Wonder capture card with a Hercules Game Theater 6.1 card (6.1 with their new drivers). This is the exact same set-up that I ran before the format aside from the new driver 6.1 support. I ran the 5.1 drivers before. Do you think this is the problem or is there something else I should look at. By the way, it's the latest download of DeScaler also.

I only mentioned my sound card due to the fact that it's where the problem lies, but as for my Video card it's the Hercules Prophet II MX (GeForce2).

Thanks in advance,

Mike

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
what input are you using - tuner I assume? so how does the ATI tuner card connect the sound to the GTXP? Is it using the aux2 via audio loopback?

I have the card and I am ready to go to Hercules with some major problems with the new drivers. They are great with the added speaker utilization, but on the line 2 (mic) input I can only use the right speakers. I am also experiencing alot of excess noise in my system which wasn't there before I upgraded the drivers. I'm talking about having my subwoofer make humming noises when on all inputs of my receiver when I am not even playing any sounds with my HTPC. If this is the case this is major problems with these drivers. And the last time Hercules had major problems with their drivers it took them 6 months to release new ones.

let me know,

man hercules gets me so excited, it looks like english is my second language up there.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.