AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, this is my first post here....my goal is to play pc games on a large screen hdtv. I have a pretty good computer with an ATI 9000 card. I am about to buy an HDTV.

I am not a techie so plug and play is important to me. What kind of 40-50 inch HDTV would be best for PC gaming. It needs to be easy. I know a few HDTV's have the VGA hookup (such as LCDRPTVs and plasmas and perhaps DLPs). Others have the one DVI input. Which input should i use. What type of TV will work the best. I don't want to have to mess with settings on the PC.

Please help.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i play on a sammy hln617w dlp via dvi, & it looks pretty awesome. dlp & lcd rp are the only technologies where you won't have to worry about burn-in, as you would w/ plasma or crt.

you should get a tv w/ at least one dvi. no matter what you get, though, you'll probably have to mess w/ the tv or computer settings at least a little to get it all to work together.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have 61" Samsung DLP and it is a great display. Only downside is that its native resolution is [email protected] For some reason, Samsung does not dowscale well 1024x768 or higher resolutions through DVI input, so image looks best at 800x600 that is low gaming resolution. Most games do not natively support 1280x720. 1024x768 signal through RGB input looks a bit better when downscaled by Samsung, but still...

If you are going with 50" display, I'd personaly go with plasma that can do 1280x768. I did not go with plasma because I wanted 60"+ display and $$$$$ they were asking for 60"+ plasmas were insane.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.