AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang, first HTPC! I need a desktop that can fit in my Mid Atlantic "Slim 5" rack! Rack ears preferable but not required.

Will put more $ into the "guts" than aesthetics for NOW! Would love the

A-Tech but probably out of budget - needs to accomadate full size MB.

Initial PC functions: Scale and play DVD's, store MP3, Cd music and DVD's, email, surf web, HD storage proably two HD's of combo of 200mb, no HD recording or playback for now.

Thank you for all recommendations.

Dave

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much - these are exactly what I'm looking for, any release date known on the latter?

Dave

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
ahnix (a distributor) has suggested that the HV5 will be available in the US in the May/June timeframe (but delays seem common... ask the people who were interested in the Antec Fusion case, which is actually also a credible and low cost HTPC case)

I've also found this on the HV5 in another thread: http://www.dignint.com/product_hv5.htm (sweet but what can I do with the HDTV/PC switch?..)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys, thanks again, it appears these are all nice A/V looking designs. Is A-Tech the only one that is so shallow in depth?

Dave

·
Registered
838 Posts
Dave, the ATech is the only one I could find. Very surprising that it manages to be so small and still accept a full-size ATX motherboard. I went with it and it is a fantastic case. Cable management is very easy with all the room behind the case in my shelving! Compared to all the money I spent on my other A/V equipment, the projector, and the room itself, the extra money for the case was a no-brainer.

I posted pics of my case here if you would like to see them.

It even looks right at home next to my Sunfire amplifier and Sony TA-E9000ES preamp.

- Chris

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got the CoolerMaster ATC-610 GX and its AWESOME! You can get it on newegg.com for around 173.00 plus shipping. There is also an ATC-620 which looks 100% the same as the 610, cept the only major difference is that the frame is steel and the bezel is aluminum(unlike the 610 which is all aluminum). Only downfall is it uses microatx mobos only(not that big a deal). Hope I helped out alittle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.