AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The header says it all ! I'm DESPERATE for good used green tubes ! I personally can't afford to lay out $500. plus shipping and taxes for VDC rebuilds. I'm not saying they are too expensive, just too expensive for me to afford. I have tons of stuff to trade, and a small budget to actually BUY things, and I'm finding it harder and harder to find good used MEC green tubes to swap into perfectly good Marquee projectors which have the inevitable burned green tube !! If ANYONE has a good used green MEC tube PLEASE contact me. I've got a perfect MS07 blue tube(like hens teeth to find) and lots of other trade fodder. If your asking price is reasonable, I might be able to buy one outright too.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
I'm posting this for the benefit of others, you already know this Paul...;)

The problem is with EM focus B and G tubes and ES focus blue tubes is that they are the first to wear out, thus they are in high demand. Resellers like me never have any 'good' used tubes in stock (except for some reds), as we use all we can get ourselves.

You want a worn out tube to send to VDC as one of yours is smashed, we all can probably help you with those as well.

I get about 10 emails a week for people looking for good used B and G tubes, and sadly, the answer is always the same...I'm sure a lot of us are evern going as far as buying older Marquee 8000's that aren't worth as much as later models and swapping the good tubes out to the later model sets...

Curt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.