AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I need some advice on how i should hook my Sharp lc-c4655u tv, hd cable box, Wii, and Panasonic sc-ht740 HTIB up.

Ok this is what i am thinking and tell me if this is wrong......

hdmi from cable box to tv input.

Component cables from Wii to tv input.

Hdmi from htib to tv input (dvd upconverting)

component cables from tv output to HTIB input.

As long as i select what souce on my tv, will everything play through my htib???

NOTE: htib inputs only are analog red/white and component red/green/blue.

Please help me with this. IF this is wrong please help me get this right.

Much thanks in advance!!!!

Scott

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Are you sure that's not a component OUTPUT on your HTIB? Either way, you don't need it, just the analog audio if that's the only audio input choice you have.

You also have analog audio from the Wii to the TV, right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TUPLA -- you are right that component is an output. I only have one analog input there. so if i connect the cable to tv via hdmi, wii to tv via component cables, htib dvd player to tv via hdmi, then i connect the red/white to the input on the htib. i will get sound depending on which source i select on the tv. is this all correct? if not set me straight please lol. thanks!

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Assuming the TV passes audio out, it should work. Just think of where you want the audio to go, and how it travels from each device.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Easiest way is to hook it up and see.
If the outputs are labeled OUT or AUDIO OUT or something, they should pass audio.

You maybe, MAYBE, have to enable something in the TV's audio settings, but probably not. I don't know your TV, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TULPA -- Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. I really do appreciate it. You have helped me out int he past as well. I will try it and hope it works!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts