AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This comes out next week. The trailers were obnoxious for this so I skipped it in the theater. My five year old saw it with another family and really liked it. Granted, she likes everything, but over all I heard it was fairly decent. It will be a blind buy and go in her stocking with Fantasia. Any one else interested in this?

·
Banned
3,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow /forum/post/19620629

This comes out next week. The trailers were obnoxious for this so I skipped it in the theater. My five year old saw it with another family and really liked it. Granted, she likes everything but over all I heard it was fairly decent. It will be a blind buy and go in her stocking with Fantasia. Any one else interested in this?

It has been seven months since I have seen any newer released movies on blu, and I have no desire to see this one as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Took the little one to see this in the theater and most of the people laughing were adults.. I thought it was far and away better than Toy Story 3, and it's one of my most anticipated Blurays this year. It's really funny.

It's also the first movie I've seen in 3D that convinced me that 3D may be more than just a fad. Although all the 3D I've seen since has been equally unconvincing.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpage /forum/post/19621034

Took the little one to see this in the theater and most of the people laughing were adults.. I thought it was far and away better than Toy Story 3, and it's one of my most anticipated Blurays this year. It's really funny.

It's also the first movie I've seen in 3D that convinced me that 3D may be more than just a fad. Although all the 3D I've seen since has been equally unconvincing.

That is encouraging.
I was not blown away by TS3 as I have been by most every other Pixar movie.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 /forum/post/19622458

Everyone I've talked to that saw it really liked it. I'm blind buying it.

You can't always trust box office receipt, but 250 mil is big time for a not Pixar movie.

·
Registered
190 Posts
i saw this in the theater with my four year old daughter, she absolutely loved it, granted there were a lot of jokes aimed at adults, but enough fun for the kids, i have this preordered and Santa will be putting this in my daughters stocking, truth be told i would very happy if santa put it in my stocking
, it is a great movie

·
Registered
984 Posts
I to was turned off by the ads but thought it was very good. I would put it behind TS3 and HTTYD as far as animated movies for they year but will be picking it up for sure.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I thought it was great. I saw it twice in the theater. Very witty, and emotionally moving now and then. The minions are particularly funny.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
When my daughter got home after seeing it she was grabbing all her stuffed animals and yelling "It's so fluffy!". I thought she'd just lost it until she finally told me it was a line from the movie.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What I want to know is: Who is going to use the iphone app to translate the minion's dialogue? I can only imagine how annoying it would be to have to constantly look back and forth between the screen and iphone/ipad. (iphone apps for blu-ray players are useless IMHO).

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 /forum/post/19627290

When my daughter got home after seeing it she was grabbing all her stuffed animals and yelling "It's so fluffy!". I thought she'd just lost it until she finally told me it was a line from the movie.

My daughter was doing the same thing for a while. I never figured it out...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Good movie, didn't think I'd like it but I did and the kids loved it.

It also had one of the more aggressive audio mixes I've heard in a while, there is an extended bass scene during a rocket launch that had my house shaking like it hasn't for a long time. Great PQ as well.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_O /forum/post/19644434

Good movie, didn't think I'd like it but I did and the kids loved it.

It also had one of the more aggressive audio mixes I've heard in a while, there is an extended bass scene during a rocket launch that had my house shaking like it hasn't for a long time. Great PQ as well.

That is encouraging. We won't watch it until after Christmas but good to hear it has some bass in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke /forum/post/19644600

Preferred Megamind, to be perfectly honest.

Despicable Me was still entertaining, though.

These two movies seem to get compared alot. I was hoping DM was going to be better than MM as I thought MM was just ok in the theater in 3d although I will probably end up liking it better at home.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow /forum/post/19646705

That is encouraging. We won't watch it until after Christmas but good to hear it has some bass in it.

These two movies seem to get compared alot. I was hoping DM was going to be better than MM as I thought MM was just ok in the theater in 3d although I will probably end up liking it better at home.

personally i thought despicable me was far and away better than megamind. but thats my humble opinion

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.