Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am doing something stupid and I can't figure out what it is... so what better place to find the answer than right here....

I have a BarcoGraphics 1208 projector that I finally have in its final installation position. I have gone through the installation procedure for raster centering, focus and lens adjustments, etc. I now want to converge an input, my computer desktop. Since it is my only source, it should be the only thing I have to converge.

I want to run a 16:9 desktop resolution. Since the Barco needs you to converge an input with the source connected, I went about setting up resolutions using powerstrip. The problem is that the barco won't sync to any of them.

It will run up to 1024X768 just fine and syncs automatically. Anything above that simply doesn't work....even standard desktop resolutions like 1280X1024 won't sync. All I get is a wonderful message on the screen saying there is no longer an input connected. I know it isn't an issue with my resolution settings because plugging in my computer monitor immediately makes them sync up and display in all their glory.

This barco is supposed to scan to 135Khz. So what is the problem? I know I watched a badly converged 1280X720P high definition loop from a mini satellite dish before I purchased the unit.

Any ideas of why it won't sync to a computer desktop higher than 1024X768? It doesn't matter what I attempt to define the projector as in the display properties (standard Super VGA up to 1600X1200... nothing works).... please advise. I would really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hello Shane! Here's the problem: The 1208 needs negative sync polarity on the BNC input(port 4/5).

You will find that at 1024x768 @ 60Hz, and 640x480 @ 60Hz, the Hor and Ver polarities are negative. This is why the 1208 will sync up. Almost all other resolutions in Windows, have positive sync polarities.

What to do: The easiest thing is to buy an Extron RGB interface. This will keep ALL sync negative for all resolutions.

I have an extra RGB 109 Plus that I will sell for $100. It has a bandwidth of 350MHz, and will scan up to 135 KHz. It will work perfectly with the 1208.

Let me know if you're interested....

Regards, Drew

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOH! (in my best Homer voice)

I KNEW that!! But that is the one thing I didn't check. I could have sworn that I setup all the resolutions to forced negative sync. I will check that when I get home tonight. Here's hoping it is something as simple as that (which it almost always is. You always forget the most obvious things when troubleshooting).

Hmmm.....so how do I delete this thread?? I hate it when I look dumb.

Drew: Thanks for the help. If I can't get it to force negative sync, I will consider the Extron and give you a shout. Thanks again!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey Shane,

Even if you are able to force the negative sync through software, You should still consider an extron box. The 109 plus is a very capable unit, and you get some bonuses using it like negative sync at all resolutions (yes, even during boot-up, as it is not driver-dependant), peaking control to maintain sharpness at higher sweeprates, and the ability to connect a local monitor simultaneously with your PJ to the HTPC.

Cheers!

Darrin

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Shane,

Did you end up mounting on the ceiling or did you leave the unit on the floor? Based on whayt I am reading, I am guessing that you were able to figure out how to do a better convergence than we did the day you picked up the unit. Helps to have a manual when you aren't familiar with a unit....lol Hows the picture?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.