AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I've done some searching and I can't seem to find much on this though I remember some time ago that there was quite a bit... Any way, I have a delta DIO 2496 .31 driver and am running w2K and TT to a Yamaha receiver via toslink.

Here are the problems.

When I watch a movie I have to load a working setup from the m-audio control panel and then when it switches chapters, it cuts out again and I have to load it again. This can also happen when a rented movie skips and after stopping or pausing the movie twice. Then it is always a struggle to get it to out-put audio from win-amp when I just want to listen to music while I am working on something in the room.

The second problem is a ticking when I am not in DTS mode. I guess it's really there even in DTS mode it's just really quiet. I seem to remember something about Yamaha receivers and this card so maybe that's the problem. Any one have any ideas?

thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am not using Yamaha, but I do have a dio 2496 and have felt some of your pain.

I find the software dvd players unusual and flaky, and your best bet is going to be to seek out various versions of windvd (3.1 is a good baseline) and powerdvd as well, and see if they work better. For me they each behave differently. One has "MUTE" on the whole time. One resets settings all the time.

Sometimes the maudio control panel button "prevent apps from changing these settings" helps. Sometimes it doesn't. We're living in a DMZ.

Another route to think about is the xcard/pdi stuff.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have incompatibilities with the .29 and .31 drivers on my system, and have reverted to the .27 drivers which work fine for my purposes. M-Audio acknowledges a problem with the .29 and .31 drivers but, from what I can tell, the problem is somewhat random and system dependent.

You may want to roll back to the .27 drivers just to see if this is a possible source.

By the way, my system is a PIV 2.66, Asus P4G8X, 1.5 MB PC2100 RAM, Delta Dio 2496, Radeon 8500LE (128MB) and WinXP SP1 (plus a few more items).

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I had problems with this about 2 years back but using a different slot on the motherboard made all problems go away.

I have been happy with no clicks, pops, or other problems ever since. I am using the 31 driver with TT right now.

Cheers

Thomas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.